Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » One of my meds has caused me to want to have no physical contact with anyone. Even touching my wife creeps me out.

One of my meds has caused me to want to have no physical contact with anyone. Even touching my wife creeps me out.

Would you consider this a blessing or a curse? What would it be for you?

Posted - August 3, 2017

Responses

Is it just human contact? If so, I think I'd be fine. Actually, I'm not sure that it would change much of anything in my life. 

Now, if petting dogs was suddenly intolerable, I don't think I could go on. 

What is it for you? Blessing or curse? Sometimes side effects aren't worth the value of the meds. 

August 3, 2017 6:23 PM MDT

A blessing...my meds are free.
      August 4, 2017 6:05 AM MDT

And if it works for you and your marriage, it's no one else's concern. 
      August 4, 2017 9:49 PM MDT

• What the hell kind of demon drugs are they giving you?
      August 3, 2017 7:34 PM MDT

Lamictal.
      August 4, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

It would be a glass of water.   That's all it takes for me to achieve those effects.

August 3, 2017 8:15 PM MDT

I think having it ripped away is different than always being that way or developing it gradually. For most of my life, I hated touch. Any kind of touch. It made me recoil. The girls at work would do this obnoxious Friday farewell hug. Ugh. I would always come up with an excuse to be elsewhere when they did it. Overall, it didn't impact me not to touch. Not liking touch was normal. The only people I was ok touching was my kids. They were always different. However, now, I'm generally ok with it unless it's someone I don't know, and if, all of a sudden, I wasn't ok being touched by someone I cared about, I think that would be devastating to me. I would miss the closeness for sure. 
      August 3, 2017 9:33 PM MDT

sounds like a curse, maybe you should ask your doctor to switch your meds
      August 4, 2017 3:50 PM MDT