Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » How many books have you read at the same time?

How many books have you read at the same time?

I think the most for me has been four.

Posted - August 5, 2017

Responses

I think four. That was when I read to my little sister and I liked to read a few pages from one book then move on the the next book just to confuse her.
      August 5, 2017 6:51 AM MDT

• At one point, I kept one in my bedroom, one in my purse, one in the living room and one in whatever place I was reading it at the time. 
      August 5, 2017 6:53 AM MDT

• Probably four as well. I usually read two or three at the same time. Often one non-fiction and one fiction. 
      August 5, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

Two but only when I'm almost done with one and there aren't enough pages left for the bus ride to work.  I leave that one on my nightstand and take a fresh book to work with me.
      August 5, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

A lot.  You get used to that when you have to study for more than one subject.

August 5, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

One.
    Only.

I devote all my attention to one book at a time. I've never even tried to read several books at the same time. Seems to me it would somehow be unfair to all involved -- the authors and me, the reader - - for me to try to read several books at the same time and divide my attention all over the place. One is forced to divide attention all over the place in life; I'm not going to do the same thing by choice.

One book at a time for me.
    :)
      May 17, 2019 9:08 PM MDT

One and only one for pleasure.  I have used multiple references texts in a day
      May 19, 2019 1:25 PM MDT