Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » You know that old saying "this is not my first rodeo"? Well, when was your fist rodeo? What was your first freaking rodeo anyway?

You know that old saying "this is not my first rodeo"? Well, when was your fist rodeo? What was your first freaking rodeo anyway?

Posted - August 6, 2017

Responses

Fist rodeo? We'd better move this to the Adult section.
      August 6, 2017 11:41 PM MDT

Oh thank you for answering this.  I am so lonely.

LOL  We are the only 2 left I think. 
      August 6, 2017 11:53 PM MDT

Nice to have company when I have insomnia. But it's only 11 something where you are, right? How come Old School's not on here with you?
      August 7, 2017 12:17 AM MDT

Because he was thrown off here.  

He is a very stubborn person about things that baffle me.   He got into it with a Mugger on here.  The Mugger was insulting.  OS was insulting back.  OS was miffed because he was called on the carpet once more and the other guy was not or some silliness.  

I mean REALLLLLY.  I apologize to this staff, meaning mostly JA, all the time because even if I am not guilty this time, I am sure I have been so guilty so many times, I just let it go.

I cannot control the Universe.  I just want to write and say hi to people.

Also, I told Old School, I see why he is upset in a way, but I cannot blame people on here for thinking he caused a fight.  Because he is funny but he can really be insulting in a weird way.  He's not rude unless you are insulting him.  Then he will sock it to you in a funny way.  Some people are not amused. 

August 7, 2017 12:24 AM MDT

He was THROWN OFF HERE? Wow, must have been some argument. Seems like it would take a lot to actually get thrown off. JA seems like a pretty tolerant person. Can he literally not come back or he just doesn't want to come back at this point?

We need more intelligent contributors dammit!!
      August 7, 2017 12:32 AM MDT

The door would be open if he just asked.   He won't do it.     Some people follow paths that I do not comprehend.  But he has his reasons why he sticks to his guns.   They are not my reasons.  We honor each other's opinion, especially since it is his account, not mine.  But it would be fun to have him on here.   He and I both write a lot better than we converse, that is for sure.  I mean we talk to each other all of the time, but I am not nearly as eloquent in person as I am when I put fingers to computer.   He loves to get into long conversations.  My brain wants to run away when I hear a long conversation.  I'm not built for long.  I am the silent type. But we get along very well.  I like having him around.  He's okay.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 7, 2017 5:42 AM MDT
      August 7, 2017 12:55 AM MDT

It's really nice that you two are there for each other. And to know that there are good people in this world. 

But funny to hear you say you're the silent type. That's hard to imagine.   ;-)

August 7, 2017 5:50 AM MDT

Sharonna silent?  I'll be back when get composed.  ;)
      August 7, 2017 8:26 PM MDT

I'll believe it immediately following this:

August 7, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

Old School here:

It boiled down to this. Answermug management repeatedly allowed the following sort of exchange:

Right-Wing Authoritarian F***tard: "ALL THE STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLS HATE AMERICA, WANT TO TAKE UR GUNZ AWAY AND ROUND UP HONEST GOD-FEARING AMERICANS INTO FEMA REEDUCATION CAMPS!"

Me: "You, sir (or ma'am) are an idiot..."

AM Management: You can't say THAT, Old School. That's a "personal attack."

No matter how many times I explained to the management (with evidence from history, psychology, neuroscience, and so forth) that their behavior was an implicit (even if not intentional) endorsement of the RWAF's f***tardery, we could not reach an understanding.

So, they asked me to leave and I complied.

Others can make their own decisions on whatever criteria they select.

August 7, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

You're missed, that's the bottom line. Seems to me like this place doesn't have too many people with a respectable brain cell count left to spare.   ;-)

And of course, the criteria for leaving is yours to select. But there is more than one way to skin a cat- or make a point. 
      August 7, 2017 9:25 PM MDT

It seems to me many of the good examples of idiot have fled.  I'm not referring to OS, just replying to your brain cell comment.  I don't miss the bulk of folks who have stopped coming here. Nor do I miss their hatefulness.  
      August 8, 2017 2:34 AM MDT

I can really only speak from my limited back and forth tenure here and the few users I see on the site at any given time. I'm sorry to hear there was so much hatefulness on the site but glad to know that some of it has departed with those who spread it.
      August 8, 2017 4:03 AM MDT

ive never been to one
      August 7, 2017 4:41 PM MDT

First of all, please stop posting photos of wild animals being abused and which are being kept in captivity to entertain people. Second of all, rodeos are animal abuse and I don't go to them or participate in them. I would have expected something different from you, Sharonna.
      August 8, 2017 5:00 AM MDT