Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is priviledge when you can carry around guns and torches, use a vehicle as a weapon and not have one cop fire a shot?

Is priviledge when you can carry around guns and torches, use a vehicle as a weapon and not have one cop fire a shot?

Does privilege also allow some to still be protected by police no matter what they do while others are not?

Posted - August 13, 2017

Responses

• Yes, that is the very definition of it. There was a shooter who attacked an abortion clinic in Colorado. He shot at police yet he was still captured alive. People who don't even have guns are killed within seconds of police arriving. Privilege is at work in these cases. 
      August 13, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

If the police had shot their guns into that crowd, you can be certain they would have hit innocent bystanders, so I would think that not firing into a crowd is the better choice.
      August 13, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

I had no idea that torches were illegal in C-ville. Who knew ? (That will put a crunch on some holiday celebrations too . . . )

The 2nd Amendment reaffirms the Right (not privilege) of the People to keep and bear arms, and such Right shall not be infringed.

That's just like the Right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No one has a "Right" to use a weapon against another unless circumstances warrant, law enforcement included. Had a police officer been witness to that a**hat (not from C-ville, or even VA for that matter) attempting (successfully) to use a automobile as a weapon he (or she) would have had every right to stop him by any means necessary up to and including the use of deadly force. That goes for Joe Q Citizen as well. And by the way, when that a**hat started to commit a violent act against someone the "peaceful" part of his protest actions were abandoned. So far as I can see from new reports law enforcement encountered no other situation where the use of, or even the threat of the use of "deadly force" was warranted.

Contrary to popular opinion the "police" do NOT have a legal obligation to protect any single individual, only the People as a whole. There's Supreme Court decisions on that very point.

But remember that old axiom that "the first reports from the battlefield are always wrong". So let's wait for the investigation on the car incident and the NTSB post-mortem of that Virginia State Police helicopter crash to be completed before we send anyone to the death chamber.
      August 13, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

i wish people would stop doing what theyve been doing
      August 13, 2017 4:39 PM MDT