Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Am I not getting all of my notifications or am I just not using them correctly?

Am I not getting all of my notifications or am I just not using them correctly?

Sometimes my notifications seem to come in at weird times or not at all.
Maybe it's because I'm using the mobile version of Answermug, but occasionally I'll end up on an old question of mine and see that more people responded and I had no idea so I reply but after days. Oops!!
I'm still learning to be efficient here.
I also get notifications that someone has posted on a conversation that I've posted on and it turns out to be a new question entirely that I was never on and my old notifications seem to get lost because I have so many notifications about new questions and if I have like 53 notifications so I don't bother going through every one.
How do I make sure that I'm getting the notifications for all the questions I've asked as well as all of the replies that I've received from replies I've given without receiving so many notifications for new questions and conversations I was never a part of? LoL!!!
Are there settings or boxes I'm forgetting to check on my questions that would ensure that I get everything of mine, but not everything else?
I feel bad if I missed someone's reply and didn't give them a like or a reply back if they asked me something.
Is there anyway I can organize what notifications I receive on my Answermug profile or should I change settings and use my gmail account to monitor notifications?
If I'm being a pain in the a** just let me know. 

Posted - August 14, 2017

Responses

not sure why youre not getting them, i am, maybe you should ask just asking about it
      August 14, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

Your probably getting them, you just dont have that many. Same thing happens to me. Maybe its just a little slow. Maybe they are a little backed up and slow down when there are too many of them.
      August 14, 2017 2:19 PM MDT

I am surprized anybody looks at them. I am up to almost 7,000. A bit of advice...You are new here and I doubt anyone read your entire question. Keep your questions short. Just saying. This post was edited by Element 99 at August 14, 2017 3:23 PM MDT
      August 14, 2017 2:29 PM MDT

• I get lots of responses, I just don't see all of them unless I go to my questions and click on it and scroll down.
    I just don't always get notified or the notifications get lost in the pile of notifications for questions I didn't even participate in.
      August 14, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

• Maybe it's better if I just pick what notifications I want and check my email for them?
      August 14, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

hm.... Are you not getting them via email, on-site, or both?

If it's email, check your main settings on the site: https://answermug.com/members/settings/notifications 
    If those look, ok, be sure to add us to your safe senders or whatever. Some email services flag our emails as spam, and there's nothing we can do about it.

If both on-site and email notifications are missing bits, it's probably because the box at the bottom that says "Send me notifications when other members reply to this discussion" wasn't checked when you asked it. You'd have to go look at all of your discussions- easy from your profile page- and look for the spot that says "subscribe topic" or "unsubscribe topic" near the like/ report buttons. When the checkbox is marked, it usually stays that way, but it's ruled by cookies, so it could change its setting depending on your browser. When it is set, the "subscribe topic" feature is automatic- you don't need to push it. But, if you go through and look at your questions, and they give you the option to subscribe, you should click it if you want notifications- that's your sign that you weren't getting notifications to begin with. Hope that makes sense.

If you're getting notifications from things you're not involved in, I'm betting you're referring to groups. If so, go to the group you're getting notifications from, click on the Muggers tab, and look yourself up. Hover over the gear by your name and select "notification settings." Uncheck/ check whatever boxes are appropriate for your wishes. 
      August 14, 2017 3:45 PM MDT