Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » In an effort to offset so much that is negative here's a positive. What one thing are you most proud of about YOUR country? Why?

In an effort to offset so much that is negative here's a positive. What one thing are you most proud of about YOUR country? Why?

Posted - August 15, 2017

Responses

The concept of a "fair go". It's currently being white-anted by the government, but we're still a lot more egalitarian than most places.
      August 15, 2017 5:34 AM MDT

I always liked you Aussies. I also always liked Canadians and the Brits. You are sturdy and solid and logical and dependable to not go off half-cocked and become loose cannony. Thank you for your reply Sbf. Being dependable in this day and age is practically non-existent! :(
      August 15, 2017 5:43 AM MDT

We have the most freedoms for the people than most countries.
      August 15, 2017 5:38 AM MDT

They are being eroded cp. Taken away by legislation. Cut off at the knees to please the power-hungry despots in charge. The Supreme Court gutted voting rights and civil rights awhile ago. Pols work very hard to take away from most of us to give to the wealthiest among us. The picture is grim and it is not going to change unless/until we get back a stable/NORMAL/SANE leader. Until then just keep watching what they are doing to us. Thank you for your reply. I hope we can survive the madman.
      August 15, 2017 5:46 AM MDT