Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Family » Your parents could have coupled with others and you'd be an entirely different color. Luck of the draw? Russian Roulette?

Your parents could have coupled with others and you'd be an entirely different color. Luck of the draw? Russian Roulette?

Do you take any credit for or pride in it? You'd probably be an entirely different person too. How do you take credit for or pride in something you had nothing to do with? You are a result of the actions of others. It was circumstance. Chance. Whom you are was not premeditated. Just biology doing its thing. So many variables "could have been" but weren't . There but for the grace of God go thee or me. If your life is good do you realize how fortunate you are and appreciate every moment of it? Do you have any feeling at all for those whose lives are not so lucky? Not your problem? Who cares? So what?  SIGH

Posted - August 15, 2017

Responses

Three of you?
      August 15, 2017 5:25 AM MDT

I don't understand. Can you explain your question please? If you had a different father or a different mother you would be a different person. I'm not suggesting a 3-some. This post was edited by RosieG at August 15, 2017 8:01 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

Oops, i read your question again and you said Go thee or me, i thought you said Go three of me. Sorry RosieG. ;)
      August 15, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

If I weren't the product of my parents, I wouldn't really be 'me' so it wouldn't matter anyway.
      August 15, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

Then they wouldn't be my parents. The assumption that they would be my parents doesn't work genetically. In fact, I wouldn't exist at all because I'm a unique genetic combination of the DNA that came together in that exact sperm cell fertilized that exact egg cell. 

August 15, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

Yep
      August 15, 2017 9:20 AM MDT

• If my parents had each married someone else, I would not exist. I am the precise product of two gametes. If my parents had borne a child earlier or later, it would not be me. I did not choose to be me, but it is logical to make the beat I can of it. It is self-defeating to not like who you are. I can take pride to an extent in my galaxy, solar system, planet, race, ethnicity, friends, family and myself above all. Nothing is wrong with that. Quite the contrary, that is a proper attitude. Some people hate their ancestry, and that just poisons their relationships with everyone. I try to be logical and objective in all matters, including this one. 
      August 27, 2017 12:17 PM MDT