Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » With all the anti-Trump crap posted on here....how long do you think it will be before this happens here?

With all the anti-Trump crap posted on here....how long do you think it will be before this happens here?

https://consumerist.com/2017/08/15/doj-demands-company-turn-over-info-on-1-3-million-visitors-to-anti-trump-website/

Posted - August 15, 2017

Responses

I was just reading about that...and the extent of information being demanded.  Smh

Despite how overwhelming the anti-Trump posts feel to us on here, there is far more, and even worse, posted on both FB and Twitter, as well as countless other sites that would garner attention long before our resident anti-Trumpers.  Sorry, Karen. 
      August 15, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

That's true Bozette! I joined a group with art, music and recipes from NM, to get away from all the postings..
      August 15, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

I've not been around much myself.  Hope all is well with you SA.
      August 15, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

The only way to get away is to move to Canada.  No, I think you have to get even further than that.  Very good luck.   We are stuck with no way to get away.  
      August 15, 2017 2:14 PM MDT

Doing fine so far Boz.  I have a doctor's appointment next week and an ECHO test for my heart scheduled in Sept., but I'm doing fine.
      August 17, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

• I know, I'm on Twitter...It's a mess. I wasn't really serious with this one, but these days, it's hard to know. :)
      August 19, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

Well if I understand it correctly... it's really just a measure of how deeply unpopular the prez is..  I wonder who is asking for the names to be released... and why..  Do they have something to worry about?  That said... yes, of course it's certain people's duty to protect the prez and anyone making threats will be checked out. 
      August 15, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

• I'm pretty sure this little nonessential site is safe. But there have been a few on here who have called for his assassination, and wished him dead. I think there may be key words that triggers a flag somewhere, and if anyone did actually look at this site because of that, they would probably fall out of their chair laughing at us. :)
      August 19, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

They do say that there are systems and/or people who search or are alerted when certain words are used.. The main aim, I think it counter terrorism but it wouldn't be too far a stretch to extend that..  So you never know.
      August 19, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

No! Just no!

I do find it disturbing that even people on this WEB site make threats against Presidents, past and present. (Does anyone really believe that certain members are going to do anything violent and hostile against that Office, really? I could be wrong though . . .) But with no targeted warrant signed by a qualified jurist (or no legal declaration of martial law if we want to go to the much of a ridiculous extreme) that is the electronic equivalent of Stop and Search, except that you never know that it happened. It seems like a clear violation of one's 4th Amendment Rights and WAYYYYY to "Orwellian" to me. But I also think that Civil Forfeiture is a serious violation of that 4th Amendment too, so what do I know? 
      August 15, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

There is a warrant, it is just too far-reaching, imo.
      August 15, 2017 2:09 PM MDT

No, there isn't a legitimate warrant as defined by the US Constitution. One of the purposes of requiring a warrant is to help insure that the Executive branch of any government can't just arbitrarily start arresting people "just because". It's part of that whole "due process" concept. And there is supposed to be good reason for a judge to issue said warrant. Issuing a blank warrants (fill in the name later, which is essentially what this is) defeats the entire purpose of requiring individual judicial review. The big problem is that the citizenry puts up with this crap.
      August 15, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

There is damn little our government has ever done that is truly constitutional...they've just stepped things up dramatically over the past two administrations.  
      August 15, 2017 2:33 PM MDT

That "camel's nose" has been working its way under the tent flap for a LOT longer than the last two administrations.
      August 15, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

Reread my statement...I said damn little the government has ever done has been constitutional.  
      August 15, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

You should go back and re-read your own statement. I can only read what you wrote, not what you "thought".

You "credited" most of the mayhem to the last two administrations. More than a fair bit belongs on the shoulders of Congress and of the People, particularly during the 1910's. Lets start with Congress abdicating their responsibility to "coin" money by creating the Federal Reserve Bank (a privately held "institution, by the way). And then there's the 16th, 17th and 18th Amendments. At least we had enough sense to repeal the 18th Amendment; too bad that the 16th, that was implemented to replace the revenue stream lost by the 18th Amendment wasn't repealed when the 18th Amendment was.
      August 15, 2017 5:16 PM MDT

I was quite clear.
      August 15, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

No, you weren't "quite clear" on this. 

The only point that you're clear about is that things have rapidly accelerated over the last two administrations. It's that "they've just stepped things up dramatically over the past two administrations" part of your your one reply. Sorry, no pass for you on this.  (Perhaps some remedial English and grammar courses would be in order.) 
      August 15, 2017 6:57 PM MDT

You seem to be having trouble with reading comprehension.  I clearly stated it has been happening throughout the history of our government.  Indeed, it has accelerated over the past two administrations.  Since 9/11 Americans have willingly ceded constitutional protections for a false sense of security.  That is simply a fact.  
      August 15, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

As I said before it's YOU that's having comprehension problems as well as issues with proper sentence and paragraph structure. You need that remedial grammar course.
      August 16, 2017 10:09 AM MDT

• You've never said that to me, but thank you for pointing that out. :) 
      August 19, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

Sorry, that was directed towards someone else but apparently the WEBserver software can't handle more than 9 layers of replies . . . 
      August 19, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

LOL

I would never be so proud.

LOL

Go Rosie.  Hee Hee

I would not be surprised except for one little thing.  This is one of 500,000,000 sites just like this that blast and hate Trump 24/7.

Just what the world wanted.  Amerika the Police State Capital of the World.   What a great way to distract from all things to do with IMPEACHING TRUMP.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 19, 2017 7:33 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Putin has a front row seat.
      August 15, 2017 4:16 PM MDT