Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Oil and water. Incompatible unless you emulsify. Republicans and Democrats. Same thing. Can they be emulsified? How?

Oil and water. Incompatible unless you emulsify. Republicans and Democrats. Same thing. Can they be emulsified? How?

Posted - August 19, 2017

Responses

My parents are republican and democrat. My republican father was annoyingly outspoken and my mom mostly kept her opinions to herself. They get along great now that they're divorced..
      August 19, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

Hahahahahaha!  Funnee hunnee! Great punchline Patch! Thank you for your reply! Actually there are some Republicans I hear speak on TV on panels or other venues and don't mind listening to them at all. Their views are different from mine to be sure but they DO NOT indulge in personal attacks nor do they bring up the past or Hillary or Barack Obama. They deal strictly with the issues and simply state their case, Period. I could see myself with a partner like that. But some of them? They go out of their way to be as insulting as possible. They conflate and lie and really aren't interested in discussing anything. Them I can do without completely!
      August 19, 2017 7:08 AM MDT

• You would have to get rid of all the special interest groups, big donors, lobbyists etc.
    Money is what seems to control the voting in congress and it's why Democrats and Relpublicans can seldom come together for the common good.
    In my country the conservatives are conservatives, but they don't pander to hate groups or gun lobbyists because they don't get any money from them here.
    So it's a little easier for liberals and conservatives to work together up here I think?
    The Oil industry is probably what pulls the strings here.

August 19, 2017 8:43 AM MDT