Discussion » Questions » Language » Speaking up and out about someone you dislike by sharing what he said/did does not constitute HATE. Why do some think it does?

Speaking up and out about someone you dislike by sharing what he said/did does not constitute HATE. Why do some think it does?

Posted - August 20, 2017

Responses

Because there are folks who are looking for something about which to be offended.  Happy Sunday, Rosie. :)
      August 20, 2017 10:27 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Spunky. Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy today is gonna be something alright! We're kinda excited here in Hemet. Solar Eclipse Day! Hey hey hey! :)
      August 21, 2017 5:34 AM MDT

We here in NYC are only going to get about 72% of the eclipse because of the trajectory.  I hope you guys enjoy yourselves.  Happy Monday, Rosie. :)

August 21, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

Because they don't want to accept? They maybe know, deep down.. but hearing it forces them to think about it . and they don't want to... SO they look for ways to distract and draw the attention away.. 
      August 20, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

Why not simply ignore it? I don't get it Addb. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 21, 2017 5:35 AM MDT

• I like the way you tone it down when trying to justify what you're doing with your questions and answers. So now it's a matter of "dislike"  and not "HATE", as you daily eviscerate people. You're correct in placing HATE in bold letters because that is exactly what we are hearing loud and clear, withering, scalding, acidic hatred. The strange thing in all of this is the way you want people to be civil in their discourse while you seem to be anything but civil. Asking a question and shouting down the reply goes beyond disrespect. It is another form of "HATE". I think that people often use words like hate, bigotry and racism too loosely and too inappropriately. They become Buzz words only for that which is in stark disagreement with the ideas of the questioner. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 20, 2017 4:26 PM MDT
      August 20, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

So long as you're certain that "he" said what you say/think "he" said, are not repeating someone else's malfeasant slander and are not intentionally mis-representing what was said you should be good. (But therein "lies" the rub, doesn't it . . . )

August 20, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

White supremacists and neo-nazis are just speaking up and sharing things about people they dislike. Trump was OK with that and I guess you must be as well.
      August 20, 2017 5:29 PM MDT