Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Crassy Dame. Treasurey Secretary Steve Mnuchin's wealthy wife mocks Oregon woman for not being rich. A rich bit**, right?

Crassy Dame. Treasurey Secretary Steve Mnuchin's wealthy wife mocks Oregon woman for not being rich. A rich bit**, right?

If Mnuchin is half a man he will keep her barefoot and pregnant 24/7 until she is too old to breed then pasture her off somewhere out of sight and sound to end her days munching alfalfa. We have heard that the power behind a great man is a great woman. Does not apply to the Mnuchins. What a crass lass she is! :)

Posted - August 22, 2017

Responses

(Treasury )

Would you have a link to a credible source to back you allegation about Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin's wife? I'd like to see that for myself.
      August 22, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

Oh look it up yourself.  GOD.  That's all you do is say the same line to everyone.

Louise Linton, the wife of US Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, posted a photo on Instagram that apparently got some unwelcome attention on Monday night.

The photo shows Linton and Mnuchin stepping off a government jet with the caption: "Great #daytrip to #Kentucky!"

Linton, a 36-year-old actress who married Mnuchin in an extravagant ceremony in June, tagged several high-end designers — like Tom Ford, Hermès, Roland Mouret, and Valentino — in her Instagram post.

The comments, however, were less than charitable.

One person wrote: "Glad we could pay for your little getaway. #deplorable."

Linton replied:

"Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable! Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol. Have you given more to the economy than me and my husband? Either as an individual earner in taxes OR in self sacrifice to your country? I'm pretty sure we paid more taxes toward our day 'trip' than you did. Pretty sure the amount we sacrifice per year is a lot more than you'd be willing to sacrifice if the choice was yours. You're adorably out of touch. Thanks for the passive aggressive nasty comment. Your kids look very cute. Your life looks cute. I know you're mad but deep down you're really nice and so am I. Sending me passive aggressive Instagram comments isn't going to make life feel better. Maybe a nice message, one filled with wisdom and hunanity [sic] would get more traction. Have a pleasant evening. Go chill out and watch the new game of thrones. It's fab!"

Linton then made her Instagram account private. Mnuchin was in Louisville on Monday advocating a tax-code overhaul, The Washington Post reported.

Hundreds of Mnuchin's classmates from Yale's Class of 1985 signed a letter last week urging him to resign from the Trump administration in protest of the president's remarks about the deadly white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, this month.
    Here are screenshots of Linton's Instagram post:

Louise Linton Screenshot via Twitter

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 23, 2017 3:03 AM MDT
      August 22, 2017 11:54 AM MDT

Look it up myself? That's the same line that libs use when they have no proof of their "claims". 

If someone wants to make a claim like that it's up to THEM to prove it, not up to me to disprove it. So I call BS on it and anyone trying to defend the statement by tucking their tail between their legs and pulling that kind of BS without providing credible proof that it's true.

That's one heck of an leap getting from "getting off a private jet (or is that a Federal government jet, not a private jet) to "making fun of a (specific) Oregon woman".  

(Insert rolling eyes here . . .) This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at August 22, 2017 2:45 PM MDT
      August 22, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

Far be it for me to intercede.. but since you know you adore me I feel I can chirp up on this.. We ALL owe it to ourselves to research independently rather than just believe, for example all the many claims of fake news from the Trump camp.  The problem in trying to take on the burden of proof, that even when someone provides ample links there are some people, cough, ahem who cannot seem to accept the truth. 
      August 22, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

Yes, I'm aware of the way you handle actual truth that you don't agree with. Pretty sad, actually.

But when a specific claim is made about something out of thin air there's nothing to research. In this case it seems to have started with his wife tagging along on a business trip (my better half has been on a number of business trips with me, by the way). (You are aware that they have to reimburse the Federal government for the cost equivalent commercial ticket for her seat, No?) Then it grows into her flaunting her "wealth"? Sounds more like a bunch of jealous, gossiping hens that actual adults. 

And it's funny that none of the libs complained about Michelle Obama taking an entirely separate aircraft to follow Barry around the country. At around somewhere between $15,000 and $30,000 per hour in operating costs I wonder how many taxpayer dollars she pissed away. 
      August 22, 2017 2:06 PM MDT

And there we go again, rather than admit or deal with the problem you prefer to launch into insults and attempts to belittle.. See when people do that this just shows an inability to debate and discuss like a reasoned being..  I agree with all truth, but the thing is some people, ahem cough, are unable to recognise the truth when they read it in black and white.. they prefer to put their own spin and ignorance on it.. 

Talking of facts and figs those are nothing compared to the angry orangutan's frequent weekends away - $3mil a pop wasn't it? And that's not counting the trips since.. And hey one thing to be said for Michelle, at least she has a husband she WANTS to be with - more than can be said of the other joke of an excuse of a man.  
      August 22, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

That's a "liberal" trick, insults and belittlement with no foundation. I just point out the facts that you want to disagree with and you think I'm insulting you. But it is precious the way the attempt is made as a diversion away from the subject at hand when there's nothing else factual to offer. But I'll be happy to entertain any facts counter to what I've presented, if you can find any. I'll be waiting with breathless anticipation . . . 

(Oh, by the way; the President IS entitled to take those trips, by US law. It's no different than when Obama used up all that J3 whizzing gallivanting around the globe on such idiotic jaunts as the "USA World Apology Tour". And let's not forget that little jet trip to Iran where he had 1.7-billion dollars in cash "proxy" for him. I wonder what a terrorist state could do with 1.7-billion dollars? Perhaps they'll finance impromptu surgical procedures in the streets of London? Hmmm . . . good times . . . 
      August 22, 2017 2:54 PM MDT

Ahh again you see fact and truth and still deny it.. what can one do with such people? You can't fix.. as they say :P  I pointed out you attempted insult.. I will tell you and explain exactly what and how but it won't do a bit of good - you will see black and white and call it purple.. there's no logic. So, you said, 'Yes, I'm aware of the way you handle actual truth that you don't agree with. Pretty sad, actually.' Look at that language? Passive aggressive use, oh poor me how hard done by I am.. and look at you, mock exasperation.. It's an attempt to belittle and it's an attempt to manipulate.. It's also an attempt at insulting..  Not surprised you can't see that.. or can you and you are sticking to your pretend failure to notice. 
    There has never been, not once, a fact that IS a fact, rather than just your opinion, that I have disagreed with.. The problem lies in that you are mistaking opinion for facts.. It's a common problem among some.. 
    So factually you didn't point out any facts... only your opinion - 

Re the trips.. a prez is enttitled maybe but it's bloody inconsiderate to do so every weekend and on so many occasions when the country is footing the bill. A fact here, that I am mindful of, there was MUCH criticism of the holidays Obama took.. much, much.. but when Trump takes 5 times as many and it's pointed out that factually, the bill for that is likely to exceed, in less than one year,  what Obama spent in 8 years  I see, all the time you interject opinion and emotion into your statements.. that suggests that there is a large opinion rather than factual element to it.. so ... to cite.. 'world apology tour' - factually there was no such thing.. but you believe it's so.. aka opinion.. .Is now a good time to remind you that in addition to the unprecedented number of breaks and weekends away Trump has had... HE has hardly been sitting still when it comes to jetting off round the world now has he.. That my friend is yet another fact you seem to totally ignore.. 
      August 22, 2017 3:17 PM MDT

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-trips-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayer-money-barack-obama-a7708666.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-travel-expenses-10-weeks-us-taxpayer-fifth-barack-obama-eight-years-mar-a-lago-us-a7670541.html

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

According to our favourite Wikipedia Trump has made 3 foreign trips which have included 9 countries..  so again.. if we all were like you and put  an emotional spin on things.. it's not like the Trump has not spent a good deal of the country's money on travel on 'idiotic jaunts' on his 'apology tour' -  And in Trump's case.. he was hardly warmly welcomed wherever he went so Obama, whatever you want to say about him.. at least other country's respected him and liked him.. which is the total opposite for Trump.. lol that look the Pope gave him..classic! And the scenes where Trump was ostracised and shunned.. 

August 22, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

Why bless your little heart.

"There has never been, not once, a fact that IS a fact, rather than just your opinion, that I have disagreed with." As an example of how that's pure heifer dust, a "liberal" hat-trick lie that you're trying to pull to turn around the situation you give your opinion that the President "travels too much" as a "fact" followed by "a prez is enttitled maybe but it's bloody inconsiderate to do so" . . . Unlike the Obamas' pleasure and "apology" trips (often on two separate aircraft at separate times, with multiple family members and friends in tow) Mr. Trump has often conducted the nation's business during those trips to Mar-A-Largo. But do try again to discredit the actual facts that I present against your imaginative thinking. It's quite entertaining. 

And what fertile imaginations you and the British tabloids you "reference" seem to have. I guess that they get gullible readers, and that you read them so it all works out . . .  

And by the way, your tabloid fact source has that 3-million dollar "guestimate" for the President's trips all wrong (not that we'll know for certain until after Trump's presidency as that information is classified for security reasons by the Secret Service) That was based on an OBAMA trip to Florida that included an unusual dog-leg to Chicago to accommodate him to give an "economic" (can you say campaign?) speech. That amount doesn't apply to Trump's trips to Mar-A-Largo (or any other single destination trips). The estimated single destination trips to Florida weigh in cost-wise at a bit less than a third that number. (Nice try though . . .) And keep in mind that Mr. Trump often conducts Presidential business during those trips as mentioned previously. (Remember that State dinner for the Chinese visit? Probably not . .  )

Obama never did that on his many "vacation" trips. Those were either personal or of an "apologetic" nature; no State business or even economic promotion of the US. Best case was using taxpayer money to campaign for Democrat office seekers. And speaking of those vacation trips Obama's travel costs were at right around $100-million dollars during his 8-years of destruction of the USA; I think that Michelle's private jaunts on US owned aircraft were in addition to that. Speak about being "bloody inconsiderate" and "crass" to the taxpayers . . . 

This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at August 23, 2017 12:12 AM MDT
      August 23, 2017 12:12 AM MDT

Well that's the problem with bigots.. they tend to be mean to the core and very lacking in awareness of their own faults. 
      August 22, 2017 12:11 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb and  Happy Wednesday to thee. Well all I do is read and pass on the info that I think may be noteworthy and a suitable topic for discussion. Then I wait to see how folks will respond and guess what? They typically do what they typically do and typically see what they typically see. Some are always wearing blinders though and so they end up looking like blind ignorant deniers. Which is what they are. SIGH. But that doesn't stop me from trying! :)
      August 23, 2017 3:06 AM MDT

And yet Michelle Obama often took an entirely separate aircraft when she and her entourage followed Barry around the country. I'm guessing that that was at an hourly operating cost of, at a minimum, $15,000 to $30,000, all at taxpayer expense (probably a lot more than that when considering the crewing and security requirements). Talk about stealing (the "First Lady has no Constitutional duties, no right to a government-provided aircraft) and then flaunting that taxpayer money as her own wealth! Talk about crass; Leona Helmsley had nothing on that "be-otch". Did you ever complain about that?

(Oh, and by the way; Mnuchin is obligated to pay the cost of an equivalent commercial airline ticket for her seat on that trip. Think Mo-shell ever reimbursed the Federal government for the cost of her jet-setting on her husband's coattails I'm thinking NO!) This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at August 22, 2017 4:02 PM MDT
      August 22, 2017 2:13 PM MDT