Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Phony Christians fake compassion when it suits them but actually they feel nothing. Whom do they think they are fooling? GOD?

Phony Christians fake compassion when it suits them but actually they feel nothing. Whom do they think they are fooling? GOD?

Putting partisan politics ahead of everything? Feeling compassion when it is convenient and suits them and ignoring it when it doesn't? Sickening. Calling themselves Christians? BlasphemousQ!

Posted - August 24, 2017

Responses

Why are you blasting a whole sea of Christians now?   Oh the PHONIES?  Those people are no more Christian than Muslims are terrorists. 

To accept Jesus in your heart and soul and to love your neighbor as yourself and love and see God in all beings.  I believe that is what I was taught.

These Christians, the GOD IS ON OUR SIDE GROUP,  use it as a title of acceptance so their fellow phony Christians recognize them and let them into the right Country Clubs FOR JESUS.

August 24, 2017 11:05 AM MDT

Holding a politician to his word because that is what he campaigned on an issue for years is a Christian thing to do....Lying is against the will of God. We must forgive....but we don't have to forget (we can remember and not vote for them later)
    Luke 17:3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,

Just because the politician is ill, does not give him a pass to lie to his constituents.

That is not what compassion means:
    a feeling of wanting to help someone who is sick, hungry, in trouble, etc.

I don't know anyone who is not compassionate towards McCain and is his cancer, no one wants him sick and want him to be able to defeat the devastating disease.

But that has nothing to do with his vote on OC. He lied.

---------
    "It depends on what dog you have in what fight. Some admire McCain for what he did. Dying of brain cancer as he is he flew back to D.C. to cast a vote that was very important to him. I decry those who vilify him for doing so. Shame on them for putting partisan politics above human compassion. These are phony Christians. They defile the name and should be ashamed."
      August 24, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

McCain exercised his judgment---and that's what he was elected for.  He has far more information and understanding of the potential consequences of passing that bill.

I am all for you and anyone else acting in their own self interest---as long as it is "enlightened" self interest. 

You say that McCain "lied"---I was under the impressing that "Christians" are warned about making such judgments about others.

How are you not being disrespectful by calling McCain a liar?---(I am so confused as to how to tell someone who is constipated that they are truly "full of sh*t" without disrespecting them.  That is of course just an example---I know I am not qualified to diagnose fecal impaction.) 

August 24, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

John McCain  is not a user on this site. So I do not have to be respectful to him. 

He campaigned for years says he would vote to repeal OC. And that is what this bill did. 
    Repeal both the individual mandate and the employer mandate, it also would has repealed the tax on medical devices.  If he could not vote to do that then he only campaigned on repeal because it was needed to get re-elected.  Classic politican ...lied and flip flopped. 

Luke 17:3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,
    McCain says he is a Christian  therefore he is my brother....so I am supposed to rebuke him. 
    Bible says  not to judge in hypocrisy for what measure you judge it shall be judge back to you. Get rid of the log in your own eye, so you can get the speck out of your  brothers. 
      August 24, 2017 7:20 PM MDT

So the terms of service involving respect are not for all human beings, just the members on this site.  That sounds like an elitist version of Christianity. Some anesthesiologists chose their profession because they like having life and death control over other human beings.

Just curious---why did you become a moderator on here?

That bill would not have repealed Obamacare.

Nice that you interpret "rebuking your brother" justifies calling him a liar.

August 26, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

TOS respect rule applies to users of this site. If it were any other way most questions on here would be deleted as disrespectful to whomever the question is about. 

JA asked for help. She is only one person and cannot see everything.  So I started helping and it went from there. 

Correct it was not a full repeal it only repealed the mandates and medical device taxes....as long as they are not fined I don't think most people care. Anyone who has insurance they can afford is not going to drop it suddenly because their is no mandate. Those who cannot afford it are still paying the fine if they do not qualify for Medicaid....
    Personally, I don't have to pay the fine regardless.

I did not call McCain a liar....I said he lied. I don't know him personally to go to him to rebuke him to get him to recognize his need to repent for his lie. So he doesn't continue in sin and fall away from God's ways and laws.  This post was edited by my2cents at September 4, 2017 3:38 PM MDT
      August 26, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

'TOS respect rule applies to users of this site' I do not see where it says that you must respect what it is that a person says or even what they believe.

September 4, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

You may disagree with other members of this site but while discussing topics...it is required to be respectful of user. The easiest way to do that is to discuss the topic without talking about the user. 
      September 4, 2017 3:48 PM MDT

Is there anything I said above that is contrary to 'it is required to be respectful of user'?
      September 4, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

No, there wasn't....I was simply explaining in case you were confused.
      September 4, 2017 4:39 PM MDT

Actually it would be appear that you are the one who is confused if you actually believe that 'I did not call McCain a liar....I said he lied' is not in fact calling him a LIAR.
      September 4, 2017 6:54 PM MDT

Do you have a question or need something cleared up? 

Yes....McCain lied.  That is a fact. 
      September 4, 2017 7:41 PM MDT

And yet you deny calling him a liar, seems to me that you are doing nothing more than mincing words.
      September 4, 2017 8:20 PM MDT

So did he speak the truth? If it was not truth, what was it? 
    There is a difference between telling a lie and being a liar.  As defined by Merrium Webster: Definition of liar. : a person who tells lies has a reputation as a liar.

So a liar tells lies, plural, on a regular basis...that is how you gain a reputation for doing something.

September 4, 2017 8:45 PM MDT

Trump lies all the time. He is a liar. Have you ever once admitted that? Do you think you will ever admit that or do you  sincerely and honestly believe he is a truthteller and the source of all that is honorable so you follow his tweets because that is where you find truth? Seriously I have read that many who follow him on Twitter do so because they believe everything he says and whatever he says. That is their only source of "truth". Per Trump everything else is fake news. I guess you can't help believing what you do just as I cannot help believing what I do. We are wired differently. One day "the truth shall be known". I hope we can survive until then. Happy Tuesday to thee m2c. My 2 cents' worth. :(
      September 5, 2017 1:46 AM MDT

He has lied about things that don't matter...I don't care how many people show up to a inauguration or a rally. 
    What matters to me is always....policy. President Trump has not lied about policy.  But yes, he has lied. So has every human in the world. 
      September 5, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

So what word would you use for someone who told a lie if not liar?

lie is a statement used intentionally for the purpose of deception.The practice of communicating lies is called lying, and a person who communicates a lie may be termed a liar. Lies may be employed to serve a variety of instrumental, interpersonal, or psychological functions for the individuals who use them. Generally, the term "lie" carries a negative connotation, and depending on the context a person who communicates a lie may be subject to social, legal, religious, or criminal sanctions.
      September 4, 2017 11:38 PM MDT