Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » An Answermug friend says "truth is usually the hard way of doing things". I think he's right but why? Isn't that odd?

An Answermug friend says "truth is usually the hard way of doing things". I think he's right but why? Isn't that odd?

It seems to me that being honest/truthful should be easy peasy. You don't have to plan it or think about it. You say it. Whereas with duplicity you have to think about all the ways you can be caught and figure out how to avoid them. That seems like a lot of hard work to me.

Posted - August 25, 2017

Responses

I can't imagine why anyone would say that!  I once worked at a business where our work was complex. The boss was an old grouchy guy who had a saying for everything. "There are no shortcuts" he would remind us. "Do it right the first time or you will have to do it over for free". If an employee was not doing a good job, the boss would toss a heavy object  (such as a wrench) in the area of that employee to "get their attention".  He liked me because I didn't take shortcuts. 
      August 25, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

• My Boss used to say, "Taking the time to do it right the first time is always cheaper than doing it twice."
      August 25, 2017 8:16 AM MDT

I have shirt that says "Of course I don't look busy....I did it right the first time"
      August 25, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Being honest is not easy or everyone would be honest.

When we lie we are covering up a misdeed or trying to help ourselves or someone else out of a jam as a rule.

To accept the price and pay and not hide, is never easy.
      August 25, 2017 8:20 AM MDT