Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Do you think Millennials care about you? They're supposed to be soooooo empathetic.

Do you think Millennials care about you? They're supposed to be soooooo empathetic.

#UhYeahRiiiight

Posted - August 25, 2017

Responses

Empathetic? 

I don't think I know much about them.  I don't tweet too much.

I don't take photos all day of everything I ate. I don't go to raves.  I don't wear suits.  I don't follow the crowd.

I don't know a damn thing, actually.  I am working with a lot of them.  They seem okay, but they are massage therapists which are a different breed.  We have that healer thing built into us. 

But they still have zero personality unless you get to know them.  I am half kid anyway, so I can bond with almost anyone who is not mature.

When I was in massage school I was in HELL most of the time.  I could not relate to them, not because they were millenials, but because they were so young, mostly Latino and just not interested in me at all.

So, I had to resort to what I always do.  I made myself stand out.  I was as funny as I could be and they warmed up to me.  It took a LONG time. LONG time.  But I needed them because I had to practice with them so I tried everything.  Making them laugh was the best method.  They do have senses of humor about some things.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 25, 2017 11:02 AM MDT
      August 25, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

The youngest generation always get the attention, I know it used you be you, but now it no longer is. Get used to it. That is just the way it is. 
      August 25, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

I don't remember getting any attention. Oooh, they talked about Kurt Cobain for a while. Wow.
      August 25, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

Yes, but you need to have a whiney abuse story to fit in.  
      August 25, 2017 12:04 PM MDT

• I don't think you care too much about us millennials :(
      August 25, 2017 12:06 PM MDT

I care.  I care a LOT.

What I don't care about is whether or not they care about me.  Who cares?  Let them care about whatever they want to care about. 
      August 25, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

You seem to be missing some of the negative characteristics or your gen.  Good for you (and Im sure your parents get credit too).  
      August 25, 2017 1:11 PM MDT