Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever vacillated several times on a decision, only to make the wrong one ultimately? Please tell us about it if it isn't too private.

Have you ever vacillated several times on a decision, only to make the wrong one ultimately? Please tell us about it if it isn't too private.

A few weeks ago I was down with a severe flu, and my mind was wracked with the question of whether I should attend a Company function. After several yes-no changes of mind, I decided to chuck it and stay at home, only to discover later that my name was announced by the Chairman as the best department head.

Oh well!

Posted - July 23, 2016

Responses

Yes, of course.  Many times  :-(

July 24, 2016 1:16 AM MDT

• Wouldn't you like to share an experience?

July 24, 2016 1:19 AM MDT

You did the right thing.  Take care of yourself.  If your staying away caused him to change his mind, then it was the wrong decision.

You were still acknowledged and you got to stay home which is what you really wanted.

Now as for me?   I don't regret things.  I am weird that way.  I mean why?  What good is that going to do?  I remember and I store things, but I don't regret them.   So, if I make the "wrong" decision, I don't really know if it was wrong or not.

I do remember wanting to go to India.  I opted to stay home because I kept telling myself I could not afford it.  I kept getting a vision in my head.  It was like a door shutting and this was my last opportunity. 

Well it was my last opportunity though I did not really believe it at the time.   So, I probably would do that differently, but I honestly believe I was not supposed to go or I would have.   I was obviously not ready.

July 24, 2016 1:26 AM MDT

• My friend Kells (Wisdom Tooth), who is also an Answermugger, but quite dormant, recognised you from his Answerbag days and sends you his regards. He has given me a bit of background about your spiritual association with India.

You speak here as if you missed your last opportunity of visiting India, and that you would never be able to. I hope all's well healthwise with you, and that someday you will get the chance to  be in India ... in the flesh, not as ashes scattered over the Ganga as you wrote in reply to another question.

You're probably about Kells's age, which means you are at least 20 years older than I, but still young enough to make the trip, health permitting and God willing. Hope you do it.

May I send you a friend request?

July 24, 2016 9:40 AM MDT

Marriage
      July 24, 2016 10:19 AM MDT

• Oops! I'm sorry; I shouldn't have asked.

July 24, 2016 10:37 AM MDT

No problem  :-)

July 24, 2016 8:45 PM MDT