Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If YOUR power were absolute would we have reason to fear you? Why?

If YOUR power were absolute would we have reason to fear you? Why?

Posted - August 27, 2017

Responses

No. Thats what my cooking for.
      August 27, 2017 6:19 AM MDT

Hahahaha! Thank you for your reply cp and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      August 28, 2017 2:11 AM MDT

I am fairly mild-mannered in my old age.
      August 27, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

So you think being mild-mannered would translate to being trustworthy and fair b h? Thank you for your reply.
      August 28, 2017 2:11 AM MDT

No---but only because I am (as I have been referred to) an "honorable" man.  Otherwise....
      August 27, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

Now. You are an honorable man NOW. Here's what I wonder about though tom. If given absolute power to do whatever you want without consequences would that "honorable" man get corrupted?  Just as I wonder whom I would be if I were extremely wealthy? Would I be "one of THEM"? You know the hoity toity greedy self-serving arrogant folks who think money confers quality/superiortiy and therefore I'd be way better than others who weren't wealthy? I'd like to think it wouldn't but I cannot possibly KNOW that for certain. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 28, 2017 2:14 AM MDT

I am an honorable man---because that is what I intended to become--because it is a requirement for the Kingdom and eternal life.  And ultimately I will have to answer to God for all that I have done.  And while it seems that God offers forgiveness, He also seems to demand restitution.  So anything I "gained" by doing whatever I wanted because there were no consequences on earth, I would have to undo and make reparations for having done, and/or suffer appropriate punishment.

There are a number of things in my life that I have not done even though there would have been no consequences for me.  But there would have been consequences for others.

I am, within reasonable interpretations of the term, "my brother's keeper,"  and God does not offer dispensations for that principle.
      August 29, 2017 11:32 AM MDT