Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » People should perform the jobs they are PAID to do. What is the job of Congress? What is the job of a prez? Are they doing it?

People should perform the jobs they are PAID to do. What is the job of Congress? What is the job of a prez? Are they doing it?

Posted - August 27, 2017

Responses

Actually most people are NOT paid for what they do, they are paid for the time.  If they don't do the job, they get fired.

The President's job is to protect the country from all enemies both foreign and domestic.  And to uphold the constitution.  And execute the laws. 
    The congress is the same and to write the laws. 

This post was edited by my2cents at August 27, 2017 10:41 AM MDT
      August 27, 2017 9:38 AM MDT

You just said they are paid for their time, not for the job they do, so if they show up to work, why should they be fired if they don't do their job?

Help me understand your answer, please. 
      August 27, 2017 9:44 AM MDT

People are paid for their time. They are supposed to do what the boss says while they are there. But even if they did nothing the boss wanted, the boss is still required to pay the employee for their time.   This post was edited by my2cents at August 27, 2017 10:36 AM MDT
      August 27, 2017 10:30 AM MDT