Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The USA is not the big dog carrying the big stick. See below. Why does it act as if it is?

The USA is not the big dog carrying the big stick. See below. Why does it act as if it is?

US Population
323.1 million

Population of China
1.379 BILLION

Population of India
1.324 BILLION

All figures as of 2016

Posted - August 29, 2017

Responses

The US still has the biggest stick. A more powerful military than anybody else's. The balance of power won't shift too soon. It will, but not soon.
      August 29, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

According to what I read on the internet Russia has more nuclear warheads. If as you say the wars will be via missiles and not troops on the ground what difference does having a powerful military make? I'm not being a smart aleck. I'm serious. Can we wage war ONLY via air via nuclear missiles long distance and never put one troop on the ground? I don't know anything about war or troops or what it takes to wage them so I'm very serious about these questions Sbf. I don't know enough to be a smarta **!   Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 29, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

I'd doubt your source, latest estimates have the US about 2600 warheads up on Russia. Estimates are all anybody has, of course. The true figures are classified.
      August 29, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

There were several sources. One stated it was as of 2015. How credible they are no one can know if as you say it is all classified. But since it is classified Russia could have more and we would never know. Right? Not that they do but isn't it on the honor system? Oops. Another questions is on deck! Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      August 29, 2017 8:03 AM MDT