Discussion » Questions » Weather » IF THERE WERE such a thing as climate change (which everyone knows there isn't) would it have any effect on the flooding of Houston? How?

IF THERE WERE such a thing as climate change (which everyone knows there isn't) would it have any effect on the flooding of Houston? How?

Posted - August 29, 2017

Responses

Perhaps the 87F temp of the water and the two high pressure fronts holding the storm in place is the cause. Of course there is no climate change...Trump said it, so it must be true.
      August 29, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

Natcherly. All truth flows from the Doofus. Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      August 30, 2017 4:47 AM MDT

Sarcasm looks wonderful on you, Rosette! 

Keep it up.  Anyhoo, I am not any expert on anything to do with weather, but I can say for a certainty that this is not causing anything, this is the end result of whatever is occurring with climate change.  I'm not sure if climate change has to do with this particular occurrence because I don't know what kind of hurricanes occurred within the last 2,000 years or so to compare.

However, there is a temperature warming on the planet.  It is highly dangerous, highly toxic and like our own tenuous bodies, anything like even a degree or two of temperature in the wrong areas, kills everything eventually. 

We are way past that safety net.  Our planet is TOO warm in the wrong places and it is due to things that did not occur 2,000 years ago, much less any other time in history.

We have too many people congesting the wrong places, we have industry fouling up the air, we have overpopulation and all it entails, garbage, disease, etc.  We have blight.  We have decimation of species in numbers too numerous to count.

We have a mess that the ecology cannot withstand.  The rainforest, the lungs of the planet are like a human body dying of a slow cancer.

And I am not Al Gore.  I am just one person that has read more than her share of National Geographics for the last 5 decades.  I am a person who reads.  And understands that this has proof and is no joke and there are plenty of sites and pictures for eyes that WANT to see.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 29, 2017 5:14 PM MDT
      August 29, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

• "It's hard to say."
    "It would probably change the temperature of the water."
      August 30, 2017 5:06 AM MDT