Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » County Fairs. Blue Ribbon awards for the best picles/pies/cookies/jams. Those were the days. Who has time for such things now? Why?

County Fairs. Blue Ribbon awards for the best picles/pies/cookies/jams. Those were the days. Who has time for such things now? Why?

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

I make my own Kosher pickles.
      August 30, 2017 7:09 AM MDT

You do? I LOVE Kosher pickles Ele. Wouldja share your recipe with me/us or is it a secret? I'm serious. I worked at a place years ago where there was a gal(her named was Martha) who made jams and pickles and for my birthday one year I got TWO JARS of her pickles which thrilled me! I am very impressed with you. I did not know you had that talent or the interest. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 31, 2017 2:13 AM MDT

No one eats it and there is no point.
    Too busy to spend time cooking right now.  Roommate seems addicted to fast food takeout a lot and I am running around too much with work.  So, no homemade bread.  No homemade suppers.  Nothing.  Just sandwiches and such. 
      August 30, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

It's too dam* hot where you and I live right now to do any cooking.  We live on sandwiches and salads and fruit and nuts and ice cream for a treat. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 31, 2017 2:14 AM MDT