Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Could the right person convert you into a "gamer"?

Could the right person convert you into a "gamer"?

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

Well, sure.  But the reason is not chiefly the "right person". Gaming is too much of a time eater.  I mean when would I make free time to do this then?
      August 30, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

No.  I have absolutely no interest in gaming.
      August 30, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I've been playing computer games for years.  But to convert me into a "gamer," if they could teach me to be coordinated enough to use the controller correctly with the fast action stuff, sure.  Right now, I'm completely hopeless.  My nephews laugh at me. :-(
      August 30, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

I am exactly the same.. .my daughter tried to teach me to play Halo.. .she got pretty fed up when I couldn't even drive the whatever it was out of the whatever it was and kept hitting the wall... She kinda gave up after that :P
      August 30, 2017 2:31 PM MDT

Yes. I have a gaming laptop. The problem is, about 8 months ago, i was cutting an apple and cut the tenant on my left thumb leaving it in a permanent bent position leaving it useless for using a controller. ;(  
      August 30, 2017 10:59 AM MDT

Cool question.. my daughter has tried... she is a serious gamer.. unfortunately, I am rubbish at almost every game ever invented... so I suspect it would take a miracle for me to be converted.. Mainly for me it's a time thing too.. I just don't have the time.. With the right person I would be happy to watch them game...and I am happy to do that anyway. Have you any idea how many minecraft worlds I have seen made :P Or how many warthogs driven? 
      August 30, 2017 2:29 PM MDT

I wouldn't even play pong.
      August 30, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

• I've been a gamer ever since I was old enough to hold a controller. I imagine I'll die with a controller in my hand.
      August 30, 2017 9:27 PM MDT

• "Gamer" is a pretty wide open term. By definition, it means a person that plays video game, but I know that the "gamers" see it to mean more. 
    So ... Gamer can be anything from a casual player to someone who does it for a living ... depending on who you talk to.

Anyway ... I am a casual player and have no desire to do it for a living.

August 31, 2017 12:44 AM MDT