Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What’s the most epic way you’ve seen someone quit or be fired?

What’s the most epic way you’ve seen someone quit or be fired?

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

• Umm....I was working in the oilfield and a picker truck was lifting some big pipe or something and it swung around and smashed the windshield in a truck.
    He might have gotten fired.
    Another time a pumpshack fell off the back of a truck and shattered into a million pieces all over the highway.
    He might have gotten fired.
    Another time 2 drunk guys were operating a picker truck after hours and hit a power line.
    I'm pretty sure they got fired and even charged for that.
     Lots of sh_t happens in the oilfield. : )
      August 30, 2017 5:22 PM MDT

A trainee who was not licensed to operate a crane decided he would do so when the trainer/operator went to lunch.  He toppled the damned thing and severely injured a passerby.

August 30, 2017 5:28 PM MDT

My step-brother had a job at a Subway inside of a Walmart and one day I wanted to go visit him on my lunch break but he wasn't there so I asked the person making the sandwiches where he was and she told me he got fired two weeks ago. 

That was really weird because my step-mom was driving him to work every day and dropping him off in front of Walmart.  Anyway, I asked what he did and the person at Subway said he got canned because he thought the Big Hot Pastrami was too gross for him to make so he thew all of the Pastrami meat in the garbage and he told the customers that wanted to order it that they were all out of it.  Hmm, I don't know how he could have possibly thought that he would get away with that and not have anybody notice!

Anyway, poor step-mom was driving him to work every day and every day he would go inside the Walmart and then leave as soon as my step-mom left and then he came back when it was time for her to pick him up.  Mom eventually figured it out and it was time for her to bust him.  I rode along with her on the bust just because it was something I had to see.  Mom pulled into the driveway of his friend's house and called him.  She told him she had to come early and she was waiting in front of Walmart for him.

The front door of his friend's house opened and my step-brother came running out but he stopped right away when he saw his mom's pick-up truck in the driveway waiting for him.  I don't know how he could have thought he would be able to keep pretending go to work and not have anyone notice either.

He worked at the Subway for one week and he pretended to work there for two and a half weeks.

August 30, 2017 6:11 PM MDT