Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » If you had to put your life on the line for someone wouldn't you rather it be someone you liked rather than disliked? Or would it matter?

If you had to put your life on the line for someone wouldn't you rather it be someone you liked rather than disliked? Or would it matter?

I'm thinking specifically of Secret Service Agents who protect the prez. How hard would it be to take a bullet and die for someone whom you despised? Do these Agents get vetted to make sure they LIKE the guy whom they are willing to die for? Just wondering.

Posted - August 31, 2017

Responses

• I guess everybody needs a paycheck and those agents probably didn't Pursue that job because they were loyal to or loved any particular president.
    I would rather someone I liked not be in a life threatening situation to begin with so I guess I'd rather take a bullet to save a stranger.
    I probably would not serve as secret service for Trump.
    He purposely stirred up his base and he was supportive of the hate and fighting and violence toward protesters at his campaign rallies so I feel like he can deal with his own problems.
    If he wants to be a jerk and get a reaction from his crowds then I would not take a bullet for him not to mention all the things he's done since being elected.

August 31, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

Me too Truthseeker. Well stated. Of course The Donald John adoring worshippers would be honored to die for him. SIGH. Not I. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 31, 2017 9:48 AM MDT

I suspect that Secret Service are serving their country, not the President.
      August 31, 2017 9:16 AM MDT