Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Muslims are opening their homes to flood victims in Texas. How many racists do you think would do that for Muslims? Why?

Muslims are opening their homes to flood victims in Texas. How many racists do you think would do that for Muslims? Why?

Posted - September 1, 2017

Responses

Not ONE. 

They would allow them in so they could kill them.

Racists are terrorists, not Muslims.

September 1, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

• I think it burns the britches and chaps the lips of a lot of folks who have been sickened and repulsed by the co-operation between Texans and their neighbors, as well as Texans and the rest of the country during this time. It's a tough thing to watch as volunteers, agencies, emergency response teams, etc. perform acts of heroism. There were a few desperate souls that proclaimed to the world that Texas was on the receiving end of some kind of "Karma" or "poetic justice" for their voting patterns or political beliefs. I can only hope that the purveyors of such hogwash never need "rescuing" or a roof over their heads in a disaster. That's when you want to see "Karma" in action.
      September 2, 2017 2:13 PM MDT

I heard something on the radio the other night about a group called Rednecks with Paychecks which is using monster trucks and boats to help the flood victims. I guess it proves you shouldn't make assumptions about rednecks, either! I have lived next door to a Muslim woman for seventeen years, and I get upset when people say they are all terrorists, and should be interned. I won't be living there much longer, as, at the moment, it looks like I will be  moving house in two weeks!
      September 4, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

I have no experience with rednecks HarryD. None. I read once they are called rednecks because they do outdoor work in the sun and their necks get red. Whether that's true or bogus I wouldn't know. Of course I could have a met a redneck or two and not know it. How do you know? Are there rednecks whose necks are not red? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 5, 2017 2:43 AM MDT

Muslims as individuals or are you talking about Muslim institutions like mosques? (Bet you didn't bother to read any farther than the headline though, did 'ya?)

The story is amazing in the fact that they're doing that in the first place so maybe there is a glimmer of hope for peaceful coexistence after all.

That open door policy to natural disaster victims is old hat for Christian churches and Jewish synagogues though. With Christians it dates back to the time of Christ himself. And none of those ask to see your religious affiliation cards before letting people inside. (And contrary to the mosques you don't need that card to attend services in those Christian houses of worship when there is no disaster.)
      September 4, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

Salt, 

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/9/1/16235172/muslim-groups-houston-harvey-relief-osteen-mosque This post was edited by my2cents at September 8, 2017 5:22 PM MDT
      September 8, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

Hahahahaha!

Seems that you mentioned "surprise" that "rednecks" pitched in and pulled as much weight as they could not realizing that your implication is clearly that you consider people labeled thusly as something quite undesirable. ...But when I express surprise and hope that Muslims might be more than the knuckle-dragging Neanderthals that the activities of some of them seem to demonstrate, well I'm an "ignorant bigot". (And calling me that is a clear violation of the site's TOS, but that doesn't seem to matter to the site's operators for some reason in this case.) 

So to continue the line of thought I'm betting that you can't point to any events, any news stories that would endorse your obviously negative viewpoint of the US "redneck" class. I on the other hand have no trouble coming up with events that incriminate Muslim willingness to commit atrocities towards humankind. You know, things like the Boston bombing, the Orlando night club shootings, the San Bernardino shootings, the Muslim attacks in London, the Muslim attacks in Paris, the Muslim attacks in Brussels (remember the airport bombing?), the executions of Coptic Christians by ISIS beheading (what a pleasant way to meet your maker), the routine stoning to death of "disobedient" women is most of the Muslim states (Saudi Arabia and Iran come to mind), similar fates for homosexuals in those Muslim states . . . the list goes on, and on, and on . . .  

As to your health and fatigue issues that you mention. I can't speak to those...

This post was edited by my2cents at September 8, 2017 6:05 PM MDT
      September 8, 2017 4:31 PM MDT