Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How long is your longest relationship with a friend?

How long is your longest relationship with a friend?

Posted - September 1, 2017

Responses

My cousin (who is not related) Mike Petrie.

We are not all that close but are good friends and I have known him since I was born practically.  He is a tad older than me by a few months.  Our moms were best friends and his mom is my God Mother and my mom is his sister's God mother.  So, I'm sure I saw him before I met or saw any other friends.

He's rich.  I wish he'd hand some over then he'd be my oldest and best friend.
      September 1, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

For me is 'was'. If I exclude wives and girlfriends, I had a close friend in the Navy for about five years. I guess you could also say a number of friends here for 9-10 years. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 1, 2017 7:52 PM MDT
      September 1, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

• My best friend and I have known each other since we were little and been best friends since we were 11. I lived with him for four years of college and currently live with him now :)
      September 1, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

50 years
      September 1, 2017 1:00 PM MDT

I first got online in 1993 and back then there were few Brits online and so I mostly chatted to Americans.. And so it was I made friends with a number of Americans. I have stayed friends with most of them, a handful in particular and our friendships have crossed over into the real world as we have met, I have stayed with them in the states etc... I also have an American cat from another friend.. I'd have stayed friends with him forever but sadly he died getting my cat to me :(
      September 1, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

• My friend and I were going on 12 years of friendship. We were as close as brothers then he had to go and shoot himself a couple months ago. Grrr...
      September 1, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

That must be rough.  (Anger is one of the five stages of grief as you know.)
      September 1, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

not even a year
      September 1, 2017 7:51 PM MDT