Active Now

WelbyQuentin
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If the imaginary became reality and you win a lottery jackpot do you think it might mess up your life more than being any great benefit?

If the imaginary became reality and you win a lottery jackpot do you think it might mess up your life more than being any great benefit?

Posted - September 3, 2017

Responses

No i dont think it would mess up my life , i think it would greatly benefit it.
      September 3, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

Could when you plan carefully;  i've heard some people's lives became quite messed up after accumulating a huge windfall of money. 
      September 3, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

I am willing to take that risk.

Even on your behalf, just send me any money you win.
      September 3, 2017 11:38 AM MDT

• At one time I had everything I wanted so I was honestly scared to buy lottery tickets or accept them as gifts because money changes your life and I liked my life the way it was.
    I wasn't rich, but I had a full time job and a wife and child and I was really happy.
    Now the only reason I don't buy a ticket is because I'm separated, but not legally divorced and it would hurt me deeply if I had to give half of it to my ex wife because she doesn't deserve it in my opinion.
    I can't imagine what she would do with it, but I bet she would still find a way to end up in debt somehow.
    I would like to retire someday though.
    Hmm...good question.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 3, 2017 2:33 PM MDT
      September 3, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

Thanks.
      September 3, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

I'm pretty sure my half sister would come out of hiding and try to buddy up again.  That would be a pain.  Other than that I would by forest land worth preserving, build a second home on it, and pass is on to future generations of my family to enjoy without further development.  I would also help some deserving disadvantaged young people get a fair start in their careers.  In short, I think it would be a good thing.
      September 3, 2017 3:03 PM MDT