Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does your country believe in repair and restoration to preserve your past? Does it honor and respect your history? What about environment?

Does your country believe in repair and restoration to preserve your past? Does it honor and respect your history? What about environment?

Does every country have a Sierra Club by whatever name? A group whose goal is to preserve the environment? I think Greenpeace is worldwide. I don't know if there is a worldwide preservation/restoration group that works on repair/restoring historical homes and buildings. I hope there is.

Posted - September 4, 2017

Responses

I think there are various organizations more on a local and state scale who preserve historic sites. The feds take care of fed structures.  I can tell you that The Big Shot in Washington DC has sent out surveys to we 'special' long time Republicans  requesting our opinion on infrastructure rebuilding. That may be his next political action that the media will twist around. 
      September 4, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

I liked most of your answer. Your egregious tacky unnecessary and spoiler add-on of "that the media will twist around" totally wiped out everything that preceded it bh. When will you learn to answer the question asked without putting your distinct politically partisan stamp on it? This is all you and has nothing whatsoever to do with me or the question I asked. You are not able to control yourself are you? Do you even try?. SIGH.  :( There is ZERO politically partisan content in my question. You defiled it. Shame. This post was edited by RosieG at September 4, 2017 7:49 AM MDT
      September 4, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

• "Not all of it."
    "Not all of it."
    "Last I heard it was uninhabitable."
      September 4, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

Every town in the UK has a local Civic Society, dedicated to trying to preserve historically important artifacts. There are also national iniatives. That said, here in Huntingdon, they still drove part of the A14 through Castle Hill, the site of the old wooden castle. The A14, incidentally, is the worst A road in the country.
      September 4, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

I totally LOVED the part of your answer preceding "That said,..." Harry. That is AWESOME! There is so much in your country worthy of preservation. I'm really glad those Civic Societies exist in every town. Now I suppose nothing is ever perfect. Undoubtedly it had to do with "follow the money". Who stood to gain from it and how much?  A road in the country? How original! :( Thank you for your reply and Happy US Labor Day Monday! :)
      September 4, 2017 7:45 AM MDT