Active Now

Spunky
Pet Eater
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Ever been so far down in the dumps you needed a helping hand to pull you out? D'ya have a go-to guy/gal pal or is it a medical professional?

Ever been so far down in the dumps you needed a helping hand to pull you out? D'ya have a go-to guy/gal pal or is it a medical professional?

Posted - September 5, 2017

Responses

A shrink.
      September 5, 2017 7:13 AM MDT

I've never been to one Ele. Years ago during a previous marriage my then-husband and I went to a family counselor when we were having problems. We went a few times. But here's what we discovered. The counselor was way more messed up than we were! I'm not kidding! So we stopped going. That's as close as I've ever gotten to seeking help. Shrinks get a lot of bad press and they're not cheap but if you did go were you helped? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 6, 2017 2:52 AM MDT

Mental Institution for 21 days.
      September 5, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

You? And was it very helpful m'dear? I don't mean to invade your privacy so please don't answer this question if it makes you uncomfortable. Did you lose touch with reality or was it simply severe depression? Thank you for your reply cp and Happy Wednesday to thee. You're here so that is clearly behind you. I don't know if you ever heard of the movie "The Snake Pit" but it was set in a mental hospital and very scary. Of course it was fictionalized so the hospital was made much worse than they are...I hope. :) ((hugs))
      September 6, 2017 2:56 AM MDT

• "No" ... but I don't get down to the dumps like I used to.
      September 6, 2017 3:17 AM MDT