Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You do it on your own all alone. You receive help from others. You let others do it for you. Which are you most likely to do? Why?

You do it on your own all alone. You receive help from others. You let others do it for you. Which are you most likely to do? Why?

Posted - September 6, 2017

Responses

She's blessed to have family who cares about her. She lives at home or in a medical facility for such folks? Sometimes they make friends with one another...at least that's what it has shown to be in some movies I've seen.
      September 15, 2017 2:35 AM MDT

She does have all that.  Unfortunately, she doesn't know it.  Yes, those around her are the same.  Since she can't converse, there is no real conversation.  Most of the time when I visit, she's sitting next to a woman who speaks only Spanish.  They "talk" to each other and there's a lot of smiling, so it's all good. 
      September 15, 2017 7:27 AM MDT

I'll do it all on my own like always. So, if things go wrong, I'll only blame myself for it
      September 6, 2017 11:23 AM MDT

Sometimes it's nice to have help though Zack. I like to do things myself too because you really get a sense of satisfaction from it. On the other hand there are lots of things I don't know how to do and I'm not too proud to admit it and ask for help. I think guys are different in that respect from gals. Guys don't like to ask for directions for example. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      September 7, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

I will do what I can on my own and hire or take help when needed for the things I can't do.
      September 8, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

That's what I've done. There is great satisfaction in being able to get something done without having to impose on others. On the other hand helping others feel good when you can so they would feel the same about helping you when they could. I remember my mom telling me that many years ago. That I should let people help me more because it made them feel useful and happy. I try to remember that. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 9, 2017 5:29 AM MDT