Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Facebook says a Russian group based in St. Petersburg bought $100,000 in political ads to test US voter gullibility. Isn't that clever?

Facebook says a Russian group based in St. Petersburg bought $100,000 in political ads to test US voter gullibility. Isn't that clever?

The ads consisted of fake news set up to see how sensitive people were to particular topics and once they were identified they became targets for future fake news during the prez political campaign. The ads were purchased from June 2015 through May 2017. I wonder wonder wonder wonder wonder on whose behalf these fake ads were placed and who bit and who bought the lies? I wonder wonder wonder. Do you too? It was thought to be a BETA test to see which voters were susceptible so they could be 'managed/manipulated' for future use. Were you conned or or you unconnable?

Posted - September 7, 2017

Responses

• "Fantastic!!"
    "I'm not wondering just yet."
    "No"
      September 7, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

Sounds like an excessively elaborate and expensive way of doing it. Are you sure it is not just someones conspiracy theory.
      September 7, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

Facebook reported it JakobA. I guess they noticed weird things were going on and did an intensive in-depth investigation. Am I SURE? Of course not. One cannot be SURE about anything these days, especially politics, mostly. We shall hopefully find out. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      September 7, 2017 6:12 AM MDT

I don't use facebook. So no I wasn't conned. 
    Just paving the way for Hillary to have another to blame for her loss. 
      September 7, 2017 6:20 AM MDT