Active Now

WelbyQuentin
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Of what value is a gun that isn't loaded? A possible deterrent? How about a loaded question? Isn't "EMPTY" its opposite?

Of what value is a gun that isn't loaded? A possible deterrent? How about a loaded question? Isn't "EMPTY" its opposite?

Are empty questions useful? How? "What is your favorite color, food, car, music, singer, vacation resort, movie, book?" Are those questions loaded or empty? Why ? They aren't unique or creative or inventive are they? How many times have they been asked and answered? Which do you like better...empty or loaded questions? Why?

Posted - September 7, 2017

Responses

• "If loaded is to the eye of the beholder, then EMPTY must be to."
      September 7, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

How about taking a deep breath and making some sense?

How about stopping with the nonsense babbling every morning and just join in and answer other people's questions and see how it feels for once to be an actual Mugger who interacts and participates instead of just taking over every question and determining what is loaded? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 7, 2017 9:32 AM MDT
      September 7, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

My favorite food is spaghetti. My favorite color is green.
      September 7, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

I would prefer those questions you think are 'empty' because they show that the other person is interested in getting to know me and others. If a person is making a statement (which may or may not be true) and asks for agreement, those questions are all about the asker and show a lack of interest in any opinion other than their own. Regurgitating what one sees and believes on a biased 'news' source like Morning Joe is not the same as asking questions that invite an exchange of opinion or show a desire to learn what others think.
      September 7, 2017 9:39 AM MDT