Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » What is the latest beauty/cosmetic trend you just don't understand?

What is the latest beauty/cosmetic trend you just don't understand?

Posted - September 11, 2017

Responses

• LOL I do :) Gotta remember though I was a teen in late nineties so I'm all kinds of messed up :p
      September 11, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

Ok I guess;))
      September 11, 2017 11:01 PM MDT

I always used to whine about this haircut too because it was EVERYWHERE but I've just realized that my own haircut is similar... LOL.
      September 11, 2017 11:01 PM MDT

Oh really wow;))
      September 11, 2017 11:03 PM MDT

I don't like most trends. The piercing one is way up there on my list, as is facial tattoos. I'm not big on anything that doesn't look natural. What really gets me is the animal craze. Doing animal makeup, wearing ears and stuff. I was in a shop a couple months back and the girl who worked there turned around... she was literally done up like a unicorn. Rainbow makeup and a horn. I'm not even kidding. I let out an audible "gah" and jumped backwards. Let me tell you, there is no social recovery from recoiling that way.
      September 11, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

LMAO!
      September 11, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

Just slowly back out of the shop, LOL.
      September 11, 2017 11:03 PM MDT

well I'm a retired makeup artist & could NEVER understand the 'pencil thin' brow thing......EGADS esp. back in the 1930's when all the movie stars had them.

TOTALLY WRONG THING TO DO.

they throw the face off balance!! and make the nose look bigger!!!!!!!

but some ladies just never learn.

and just in case you were curious. do you know who STOPPED the skinny brow trend?

IT was Ingrid Bergman.....MGM signed her to a contract in 1939..........the makeup artists couldn't wait to get their hands on those 'too thick brows'...........

she said OH HELL NO and refused to let them change them..........the look caught on THANK GOODNESS! and thus the END OF THE SKINNY BROW TOOK PLACE.

thanks, Ingrid!!!!!

:-D

:)
      May 16, 2018 8:28 AM MDT