Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Laugh all you want but please tell me what a band camp is, I grew up in ignorance I guess?

Laugh all you want but please tell me what a band camp is, I grew up in ignorance I guess?

Posted - September 11, 2017

Responses

• "Band camp" is a summer camp for members of a marching band, often in this context, a high school one. The implication being that band camp, a time away from home spent with other teens, is a place where teens discover their sexuality and experiment with it. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 11, 2017 10:51 PM MDT
      September 11, 2017 10:43 PM MDT

No wonder I know nothing about it Nevan, never heard of it during my teens, in India of course;)) infact umm huh well....lost virginity only after marriage;))
    thanks Nevan appreciate your response;))
      September 11, 2017 10:48 PM MDT

I went to band camp in high school. This particular camp was for high school musicians of all kinds and all instruments. I went for "concert band" because I played saxophone. For a week we stayed at a camp and essentially had a week's worth of music classes, probably 6-8 hours a day of playing and studying music. Then at the end of the week we performed a giant concert with the pieces we studied. Though I hated the experience (I was not good at being away from home at the time), I really did improve my musical skills tenfold.
      September 11, 2017 11:07 PM MDT

I never left home till I got married...shame on me;)) I understand even now I seek a reason to go home;() awesome that your musical skills improved tenfold!!
    so I presume except for playing on saxophone nothing involving sex happened.....I think Jamie and lyrical are going to laugh at us;))
      September 11, 2017 11:20 PM MDT

I'm just waiting for someone to come in and giggle, yes :P But no, not at all. The entire camp was full of a bunch of shy, scared kids hauling around heavy instruments for hours a day. Sexy things were far from my mind.
      September 11, 2017 11:39 PM MDT

So cute....frankly I still am shy;))
      September 11, 2017 11:40 PM MDT

That's okay :) Perfect for these online forums! You can express yourself freely here. I've grown out of my shyness a bit, but I haven't lost that nerdy band kid part of myself, haha!
      September 11, 2017 11:49 PM MDT