Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Environment » I have never understood why climate change deniers are so fiercely adamant about their positions. What dog do they have in THAT fight?

I have never understood why climate change deniers are so fiercely adamant about their positions. What dog do they have in THAT fight?

Posted - September 12, 2017

Responses

Isn't it similar to the way climate change supporters are adamant in their positions?  It's not exactly a one-sides one-sided issue, you know. 
    __

This post was edited by Randy D at September 18, 2017 8:56 PM MDT
      September 12, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

• I don't know, I always say the same thing whenever the "climate change" debate rages: I would support environmental regulations even if climate change were non-existent. Climate change doesn't have to be apocalyptic to motivate me to favor pro-environment policy. 
      September 12, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

Please read JakobA's reply NevanB. Sadly I think he nailed it! AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 13, 2017 11:08 AM MDT

Think of it as wishful thinking, You have a nice summer cottage by the sea-side and do not want the expense of buying land in the mountains to build another cottage there. For international trade rising waterlevels are even more expensive, every the shipping harbor in the world need to be raised several meters.

and then there is agriculture. When Kansas dry op and blow away Canadian forest land may become fine for agriculture but where are all the Canadian grain silos you are going to need You will have need to build new ones because they are still in Kansas and more expensive to move than they are to to build from scratch where they are needed. And barns, And infrastructure, and,...

Global Warming is going to be VERY expensive so a lot of people prefer to believe it is a hoax. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 13, 2017 11:04 AM MDT
      September 12, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

Oh My goodness! You are telling me that it is all about the money! If they pretend it doesn't exist they don't have to do anything about it financially. Just keep denying and denying and denying and decrying. Oh my goodness.They are all CHEAPSKATES! That is beyond STOOPID. But I digress. Thank you for helpful reply JakobA. Oh my goodness! :(
      September 13, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

It's no the topic but the people - human nature. Like the more fervent protagonists in any controversial area, the more anyone questions or doubts them the more determined they become. 
      September 15, 2017 5:32 PM MDT