Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Those new I-phones etc. that they introduce every month at a thousand bucks a pop - - can you still call people on these phones?

Those new I-phones etc. that they introduce every month at a thousand bucks a pop - - can you still call people on these phones?

~ or did they phase that old-fashioned feature out? 

;)

Posted - September 14, 2017

Responses

There was an article on Yahoo today about how easy it is for hackers to access your devices that connect with Bluetooth.  This is yet one more reason why I only have a ten-year old flip phone that does nothing more than make/receive calls.  I will have the last laugh after all - BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.
      September 14, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

I'm with you there, SpunkySenior!
    :)
      September 14, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

Great.  :)
      September 14, 2017 9:25 PM MDT

• Phones still do that? Don't make me talk to people :(
      September 14, 2017 7:30 PM MDT

Excellent response, Nevan B!
    Ha!
      September 14, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

Far rather talk than text - whether by e-post or 'phone!

And yes, I have a personal radio-telephone (I  believe a "cell 'phone" in the States) to make both voice and text calls. It has one or two peripheral features like a too-basic calculator and an alarm-clock of sorts, too.

Nowt else, no Smurf-coloured dentures, Wi-Fi-Fee-Fo-Fum, MS-WIN13.675; no name beginning with the letter "i", no "connectivity" or other gruesome jargon; no ability to view the Sky-high Sports I would not view. Nor to "down-load" (I think that's Californian for "copy") the entire Ring Cycle... anyway a tiny piezo-electric loudspeaker in a telephone is hardly going to cope with Wagner's soprano roles.

Bliss!  
      September 14, 2017 7:46 PM MDT

Thanks, Durdle!
      September 14, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

These companies are making so much money on these phones....and you should do the same....by buying each one that comes out. Don't use it, keep it in its original box, don't open it. Buy them. Keep them safe. Why? Because obsolete technology is going to be worth a lot of money in time. They'll be collectors items/antiques in 30 years or so. 
      September 14, 2017 7:56 PM MDT

I think you're 100% correct, righty1. As I look at my boat-load of albums, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, and CD's and DVD's. At least, I hope we're right! Ha!
    But I think the phones have more potential future collector worth.Though I've not bought a single one of them.
      September 14, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

Hmm.... I'll have to check. I don't talk to people. As you might have noticed, I'm very anti-social.

September 14, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

YES, talking to people is a WASTE of precious phone time use!
      September 14, 2017 8:04 PM MDT

• This Q reminds me of when I got my first IPhone years ago:) I was first person in office I work in to have a smartphone and was brag about it, show off all it could do... had an app to make Videos of coworkers that blow their heads up .. show everyone. Told them all I'm  an Iphone expert :) then few days into have My phone it rang while I was at work instead of a text . I just stared at it blankly and with fear in my eyes ;).... one my coworkers asked "what's wrong?" I said " I have no idea how answer a fooking call on this thing"  took me while live that down :(

September 14, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

Ha!
    I admire you for sharing your story, Jaimie! It's great! And the SpongeBob is fun, too! I've said that about myself sometimes, too, ha!
      September 14, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

• ;))
      September 14, 2017 9:10 PM MDT