Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is Mexico still a popular 'day off' destination for college students ?

Is Mexico still a popular 'day off' destination for college students ?

Do US college kids still go to Mexico to enjoy the cheap booze and maybe some cheap sex ?

It used to be a quite common thing, but they might not be quite so welcome there today.

Posted - September 15, 2017

Responses

Parts of Mexico, like Cancun, have been very popular spring break destinations for college students in the US. Not sure if that's fallen off any with Trumpity Trump chilling relations between the two countries.   
      September 15, 2017 3:56 AM MDT

• No thanks, I don't want to get kidnapped by cartel leaders who also happen to be prominent politicians. 
      September 15, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I read books about this. 

I don't blame YOU at ALL.  Stay SAFE.

On March 13, 1989, Constanzo's henchmen abducted a pre-med student, Mark Kilroy, from outside a Mexican bar and took him back to the ranch. Kilroy was a U.S. citizen who had been in Mexico on spring break. When Kilroy was brought to the ranch, Constanzo murdered him. Under pressure from Texan politicians, Mexican police initially picked up four of Constanzo's followers, including two of the Hernandez brothers.[4] Police quickly discovered the cult and that Constanzo had been responsible for Kilroy's death; he sought a "good"/superior brain for one of his ritual spells. Officers raided the ranch and discovered Constanzo's cauldron, which contained various items such as a dead black cat and a human brain.[4] Fifteen mutilated corpses were dug up at the ranch, one of them Kilroy's.[4] Officials said Kilroy was killed by Constanzo with a machete chop to the back of the neck when Kilroy tried to escape about 12 hours after being taken to the ranch.[5]
    Death This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 15, 2017 11:22 AM MDT
      September 15, 2017 11:21 AM MDT