Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Whats your favorite animal at the Zoo?

Whats your favorite animal at the Zoo?

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

We don't have a zoo anymore in Vancouver but when I was a kid my fave was the lion. Got a good laugh one time was a crowd in front of his cage then he turned his butt around and sprayed about a dozen people. 
      September 16, 2017 1:10 AM MDT

Yikes, that must have been kind of gross. ;)
      September 16, 2017 1:12 AM MDT

I would prefer he tear me apart.
      September 16, 2017 11:03 AM MDT

Phoenix Zoo has an epic squirrel monkey exhibit. The little guys roam free and you can walk through the exhibit. They'll dart across the path ahead of you, walk on the rope or trees beside you, etc. The only real worry is when they climb above you. :/  I love their silly antics and watching them play. I could stay in there all day. The orangutan exhibit is a close second. The family that lives in there have such amazing human-like personalities and they'll come up to the glass and interact with you sometimes.  

September 16, 2017 1:20 AM MDT

I gotta go. I have never been there.  I have been ripped off at the Wildlife World Zoo for $35 just to walk in the door and you have about an hour's worth of viewing.  That is how small the whole thing is.
      September 16, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

I can see what you mean about the orangutans . . . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DS3nd8Nrcw
      September 16, 2017 11:08 AM MDT

• As a kid, I always liked to see the penguins, but I didn't like to smell them -_- 
      September 16, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

I can stand in front of any animal and be totally interested.  But I do love to see the birds. Any wildcat.  Any animal.  Who am I kidding? I love the petting zoo. 

I love animals.  I wish I would have become a zoo keeper or some zoo employee.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 16, 2017 1:11 PM MDT
      September 16, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

I love the zoo.

My favorite animal is the Great Ape.  But love them all.
      September 16, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

I like the animals that they serve up with ketchup, mustard and onions on the round buns over at the concession stand. Mmmmmm . . .
      September 16, 2017 11:29 AM MDT

This is a tough one carbon... 
    Man, there are so many angles I could take on this question.  I'm not as quick as LyricalOne.  Pour a cup of iced tea.  This could take a moment... Big winks and smiles...
    I'll keep it short.
    I have mixed feelings about zoos so I haven't visited one recently.  However, when I was a wee little wizardress, back in the day, I loved the big cats.  All of them.
    As I grew, I came share that love with the fascinating monkeys and caring for penguins.
    But... my final answers that I'm not sure they even have in zoos anywhere, would be the Otter.

Image result for pictures of sea otters holding hands
    Hi carbon!!  Here we are!! Having fun!  Yipppeee!!! 
      September 16, 2017 1:20 PM MDT

I have seen otters at SeaWorld in FL.
      September 16, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

At the Lowry Park zoo in Tampa Fl. there are a lot of animal exhibits where you can interact with the animals: feed lettuce to the giraffe/hippos,  ride a camal, and feed shrimp to the sting rays (also, the sting rays are kept in a little/shallow pool where people can touch the rays), out of those exhibits, I will say my favorite animal is the giraffe absolutely a magnificent creature.
    This post was edited by ally at September 16, 2017 2:52 PM MDT
      September 16, 2017 2:05 PM MDT

I agree ally~  I almost wrote giraffe with the penguins and the monkeys.  :)  They are wonderful as ALL animals are.  :) :)
      September 16, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

Bears and sea lions for behavior.  Birds for beautiful colors.  All babies.
      September 16, 2017 2:43 PM MDT