Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Music » What does this song say to you?

What does this song say to you?

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

• Oh wow! I was just watching this video yesterday and I though about posting it.
    To me it was kinda how I felt.
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired."
    Whenever I talk to people about my problems online this song seems to fit.

My life has been crazy the last 4 or 5 years and I kinda feel like when I'm out in public everyone looks at me because they all know at least something that has happened to me lately and I think maybe a few don't know what to say to me and it's funny to me because in my mind I haven't really changed.
    Crazy stuff has happened, but I'm still "How I used to be."

I think the song also has some undertones of being committed to a mental hospital or even possibility suic_de because of the line "Soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be."

Mostly I just think it's about going through crazy things in life and feeling like everyone else is watching your breakdown, but you don't want their pitty or for them to be worried or avoiding you.
    You just want them to understand and to treat you normally.
    That's what it means to me anyway.
    Great song, I love Matchbox 20. : )
      September 16, 2017 6:38 AM MDT

If you live long enough you will feel a little impaired.  :)  I like this group.  I remember before I even knew who they were my daughter asked to go to a concert.  I said sure, and that I would get three tickets and she could take a friend.  (I took my kids to many concerts; it's the only way I would let them go)  When I called the civic center ticket office I ask for three tickets to Matchbook 40.  There was silence and I could tell the guy was trying to get composed.  We ended up having a good laugh.  The concert was great too.
      September 16, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

I love MB20! I started listening to their music after Rob Thomas and Santana collaborated on Smooth, since then, I can't  get enough of them. I watched the concert DVD -  Show-he explains what the song is about"this song is about people who are f--ked up and feel alone like that," adding, " we all feel a little f--ked up sometimes... you're not alone."  Recently I  streamed the matchbox Twenty collection from amazon on my mp3player/phone. I relate to the song, because sometimes, I am going through something bad and I feel like I'm the only one or I'm wrong/messed up for having these emotions...this song reminds me everyone goes through bad times.
      September 16, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

It says I'm listening to Triple M. That's the local radio station that caters to Gen Xers. My radio is locked into 104.7 almost permanently.
      September 16, 2017 11:16 PM MDT