Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Family » Some families drift apart over time while others grow closer. I always wondered why that is. Do you know?

Some families drift apart over time while others grow closer. I always wondered why that is. Do you know?

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

I think primarily because of the critical times we live in. Sometimes people move away due to jobs but love and natural affection seem to be waning as well. Today, even when families live in close proximity, families often seem to drift apart. I see it around here anyway.

(Mark 7:9-13) Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10 For example, Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Let the one who speaks abusively of his father or mother be put to death.’ 11 But you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother: “Whatever I have that could benefit you is corban (that is, a gift dedicated to God),”’ 12 you no longer let him do a single thing for his father or his mother. 13 Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”
    (2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

(Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    (Matthew 24:12) and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.
      October 4, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

It's sad tex. Makes me think of a question about  lack of love. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 6, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

Values.
      October 4, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply.
      October 5, 2017 5:22 AM MDT

I believe families grow closer because they have learned to forgive each other. They have learned to accept and tolerate each other. (Colossians 3:13)
      March 6, 2018 11:44 PM MST