Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you ever gone to a Wild Game Supper?

Have you ever gone to a Wild Game Supper?

I was invited to a Wild Game Supper last night.  When I saw the club it was being held at, I was fearful all they would serve up would be roadkill.  But, I was pleasantly surprised.  A chef from a posh restaurant in a posh town cooked the meals.  Among other things, he made a wonderful venison stew, moose & venison spicy meatballs, moose and venison lasagna (my favorite dish), and wild turkey enchiladas.  

They then held a raffle and auction.  I didn't win the Henry .45-70 Steel Wildlife Edition Rifle that I wanted.  I thought I had managed to talk the two guys selling the tickets to rig it for me. After they got over their shock that I wanted a chance in the raffle, they told me I would look amazing holding it.  I told them I knew that and they needed to make it happen!   They said they would do what they could. But they didn't do nuthin'.  :-(    

However, I did win a bottle of jailhouse toilet raisin wine.  

Posted - September 17, 2017

Responses

Nope, but that sounds really cool, Harry.
    My palate is just not that adventurous.
      September 17, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

I'm happy to see you dragonfly!  Have you been at the other site much?  
      September 17, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

Here and there. A bit depraved there. Answer questions with my hand covering my eyes. I'll be around here a bit more in the evenings. Great to see you.
      September 17, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

Yes, it can get overwhelming over there at times.  I toggle back and forth when I have the time.  Sometimes, I'm there more than here.  Other days it's reverse.  
      September 17, 2017 7:43 PM MDT

Can't say I have. But jailhouse toilet raisin wine, huh? I'm a little jealous.
      September 17, 2017 7:09 PM MDT

I traded it for a massage.  I've been promised he'll still share the wine with me too.  ;-)

I just realized I have to explain that! lol.  It's the cute little biscuit I was referring to. 
      September 17, 2017 7:36 PM MDT

No, actually you didn't have to explain it dirty bird.  ;-)
      September 17, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

I knew you'd understand. ;-)
      September 17, 2017 7:45 PM MDT

• I haven't been to a wild game supper, but my dad used to hunt and make deer sausage for us.
    What were you gonna do with that gun if you won it?
      September 17, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

The short answer, keep it by the door. :-)

You can never have enough guns when you live in as remote an area as I do.

September 17, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

• Really, you live out in the woods too?
    Oops, I thought you were a city girl because I remembered when you used to leave school and go to NYC and sit in the park and go see Broadway shows.

September 17, 2017 8:10 PM MDT

You have a good memory TS.  It's nice to know you're paying attention to me. ;-)   I was a city girl.  I even worked in NYC for a number of years.  But, I live 2 miles up a small mountain in the middle of the woods in New Hampshire now.
      September 17, 2017 9:02 PM MDT

• Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I live so far from New York I can't even imagine it, but of course I remember you.
    You came over for a massage that one night. LoL!
    How could I forget? ; ) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 17, 2017 9:21 PM MDT
      September 17, 2017 9:10 PM MDT

You are too kind. *blushes*

Always remember:  I love massages
    and cookies.  
      September 17, 2017 9:23 PM MDT

• Great, then I'll massage your cookie, LoL!

Sorry, I had to say that. : )
    I apologize.
      September 17, 2017 9:34 PM MDT

I'm getting such mixed messages from you!  You told me you couldn't massage me because of your fake engagement to Jaimie!  :-(

(Never apologize for offering to massage my cookie).
      September 18, 2017 4:28 AM MDT

• LMAO!!!
    That message was from just before I got engaged.
    So it was a legit offer, but 40 min later I was was fully committed, LoL!
    I posted in the other tread that I can massage you and my fiancée together and I'll do it respectfully, but you'd have to ask Jamie if I can do your cookie.
    Thanks. : )
      September 18, 2017 11:03 AM MDT

Yes!  Woo hoo!  We've had a rocky road regarding men in the past, but I think Jaimie and I have reached the point where she's willing to share her toys with me now. ;-)
      September 18, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

Only if wild game includes chickens;((
    nah....I'll faint....forget it exclude me dear;((
      September 17, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

LOL!  If you eat chicken, you can eat wild turkey or pheasant!
      September 17, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

Yes, sort of.  I don't eat much meat and really prefer it to come from Winn Dixie or Publix. :)
      September 17, 2017 10:49 PM MDT

That's as wild as anyone can get Thrify! ;-)
      September 18, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

Yes. That is so nice and heart-warming.  Call me when you cannibalize the cook and have him for dinner.

How elegant.

I just love it when animals have to die for my pleasure because I cannot think of a damned thing else to eat.

Sorry, not a fan of this idea.

September 18, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

Well aren't you in a fantabulous mood today.
      September 18, 2017 11:12 AM MDT