Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Donald John tells the UN Assembly that the US "will totally destroy North Korea". A big threat. One that needs to be addressed?

The Donald John tells the UN Assembly that the US "will totally destroy North Korea". A big threat. One that needs to be addressed?

What if North Korea said the very same thing about the United States? Would that direct threat warrant a pre-emptive strike by the US and thus begin a nuclear war? Why is The Donald John so clueless about the words he uses? Is he that unaware of what's at stake here or does he just want to show off the military strength of the US and wants a venue to show off in and North Korea is as good as any? SIGH.

Posted - September 20, 2017

Responses

It's an ego war of words. They are playing mind games from both sides. No matter what Trump says, the more developed nation always has more to lose if nuclear war breaks out. Those anti-missile things we have, are not even functional during highly choreographed combats to take out incoming missiles, let alone doing it in a real wartime scenario. If we wipe out N.Korea, they have nothing to lose. They are already brainwashed to a level to consider their leader as God. If we get hit, everything goes down the lane for us from there on. Economy, jobs, law and order, public unrest and a lot more to add to the list. Why he's using those words? Well, those words won him the elections. He keeps his supporters entertained and assured that we all will be safe.  This post was edited by engineerIsTerminator at September 21, 2017 5:59 AM MDT
      September 20, 2017 4:08 AM MDT

So words don't matter then eIT? It's okay to ignore what they say because they are both cowardly wimpy impotent fools whose impact on anything is make-believe pretense? I dunno. I think they're both loose cannons. Now with The Donald John hopefully he is surrounded by cooler heads who will rein him in. Kim Jong-un? Does he have cooler heads who can rein him in or does he chop off their heads if they even try? I hope you're right. At this stage The Donald John is still pathetically playing to his base. Desperate to keep them in line he keeps throwing them red meat. Thank you for your thoughtful analysis and Happy Thursday! Are youready for the end of the world which  is scheduled to occur Saturday, September 23?
      September 21, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

Words do have value when they come from honorable men. Donald is not one, so I don't really trust what he says, till I see him doing it. Regarding Kim Jong, he's a nutjob of his own kind, but what he's saying, we are not getting a direct clue of it, but what our media tells us. So, I can't really decide if he will act as he says, but his actions are quite twisted. Those missiles over the japanese air are quite uncalled for. All I know is if we mess with them, they have the nuclear codes which can fall in hands of dreaded criminals who can wreak havoc from any part of the world. Then it will be very hard to figure out where the enemy is, let alone finding them and defeating them. The only way to resolve this is to sit down and have level-headed diplomacy, but expecting level-headedness from these guys would be too much to ask for. 

I have read all the theories and watched a few documentaries, but I don't think the World is going to end. Yes, there may be some impact on the current setup, but it won't end. You're welcome and happy Thursday to you too, Rosie.
      September 21, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

Kim and North Korea HAS said many things to that effect over the last few years. Yet we recipricate even once, speak what is essentially the truth, then we are wrong. Screw 'em. Blacktop that twisted little burg, if they step over the line and fire at us.

Lets just see how many soft hearted doves there are if Kim lands a nuke on US soil.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 20, 2017 3:20 PM MDT
      September 20, 2017 4:16 AM MDT

I live in California. I'm an easy target IF what has been said is true. That North Korea has an ICBM that can be equipped with a nuclear warhead that can reach Chicago. Kim Jong-Un is a loose cannon. Sadly so is the Donald John. Only Donald John is old enough to be his grandpa. Yet he is still acting childishly petulant and using words that are not conducive to quieting things down. You admire that? Well we disagree then. I think the Donald John is so out of his league he will be the instrument of destruction. Cheering the bad boys on of which the Donald John is certainly one (though he is also a really OLD MAN who should have outgrown adolescence decades ago ) has always puzzled me. The Donald John will do anything and say anything for acclaim /applause. He doesn't give a rat's a** about human beings at all. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Don B. Mistaken again am I. Just when I thought I found a new pal you come up with this! SIGH. Thank you for your reply.

September 20, 2017 12:34 PM MDT

There are precious few things Trump and I agree on, but finally smacking back at the tiresome threats of doom from Fat Boy Kim and his puppets is so long overdue. Obama was a pu--y. W was confused, his handlers didn't care about East Asia. Trump is a jerk, but he's got a pair. 
    I think also Rosie, you may have missed the larger message of DJT's speech at the UN. NK wasn't it. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 21, 2017 3:50 AM MDT
      September 20, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

I couldn't disagree with thee more.  The speech was garbled, confused, contradictory and managed to insult many people there. He doesn't have a pair. He is a cowardly wimp who is so clueless he doesn't realize what harm he already done and is continuing to do. You admire that  brand of pompous a**ery? I don't. I think it was certainly a speech unbecoming a president or leader of a country. He is a fool who happens to be very wealthy and for some reason has sparked the imagination of a lot of people..including you apparently. Well m'dear we both heard the same thing. You applaud and laud it. I abhor it and decry it. So what? It doesn't matter what you think or what I think. What matters is what the other world leaders think when they have to listen to such bilge. Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply Don B.  You think he rocks vis a vis this speech? I think he sucks!  :(
      September 21, 2017 3:55 AM MDT

No, no Rosie, I'm not sure what you read into my comment but don't get me wrong. Trump is a terrible President and, from all I have gathered, an epic jerk of a human being. I would personally host a public celebration if Twitter shut down his account. 
     We surely have a time of tribulation ahead as long as this buffoon continues in the WH, but I only like that someone is finally banging back at that maggot in NK. 

Be at ease, no Trumpian here. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 21, 2017 5:11 AM MDT
      September 21, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

Lil Kim has made many claims like that over the years. "Reduce USA to ashes"....."don't mess with us", he has said we will recieve 100% fold retaliation....

Trump did not simply say "we will destroy NO KO"....

Trump said: The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime."

So Rocketman now knows exactly what will happen if he attacks someone....he will be eliminated. 
      September 20, 2017 6:59 AM MDT

I am appalled at what the Donald John said in his speech to the UN. You are enthralled, thrilled, pleased as punch! Well there ya go. Not only are we on different pages here, we aren't even in the same book, library, country, universe. SIGH. Thank you for your reply m2c.
      September 20, 2017 12:36 PM MDT

It is nice have a President who shows strength for a change.
      September 20, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

Yeah, but his deodorant should cover that.  He should know better by now.
      September 20, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

And the unemployment rate is now lower than it has been in 16 yrs....I would say he is trying to make good on that statement. 
      September 20, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

No it isn't. 

If it is?  It has ZERO to do with that clown.  No one gets employment up in 6 months.  It was doing just fine before bozo took over and lied.

He has done NOTHING.  NOTHING to improve any job situation.  What did he do?  Kill people and pay us to do it?
      September 20, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

There is a difference between causation and correlation.
      September 20, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

I betcha that means I am correct.

September 20, 2017 4:03 PM MDT

Yes.  Trump and the employment rate are un-related.
      September 20, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

Tom NO FREAKING JOKE...

LOL

They really believe this.  There is no penetrating the fervor.  I cannot IMAGINE why you wanted to leave all this.   What were you thinking?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
      September 20, 2017 4:11 PM MDT

Sure it is all just a coincidence that President Trump is reducing regulations  and planning to reduce taxes, etc....that unemployment is dropping.  I know it must Pres Obama's doing......not.
      September 20, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

How much macro-economics have you studied?
      September 20, 2017 4:07 PM MDT

Just some in college.
      September 21, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

It is NOT a coincidence.  He is CRIBBING.  Off of the past.  Not the present.

I think I will let you bask in the delusions. 

Yes, My 2.  That is exactly how it is.

Yes.  Yes.  OKAY, then.

September 20, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

He forgot the main base in the above picture.  Guys who are Evangelical.  And their fiesty for Jesus the Lord wives.
      September 20, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

No such thing as a "pre-emptive strike" with North Korea.
    It's about 67 years too late for that, as we have been at war with them since 1950.
    Technically, we could re-commence the shooting war anytime we want.  Or they could.  (well, they have shot at Naval forces in the area and attempted incursions into South Korea numerous times already)

The problem with any real military action against NK is ... they have most of their "front line" dug in tunnels.  And we have no idea the layout of those tunnels.  So there is no way to target their "front line" military assets ... it would all be guess work.  So the best weapon (objectively) to use would be nukes at the tunnel entrances.  And neither South Korea nor Japan will sign off on that, because they don't want to deal with the radiation fallout.

The best "show of force" in reality would be to shoot down the missiles NK keeps firing. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at September 20, 2017 4:08 PM MDT
      September 20, 2017 2:33 PM MDT