Discussion » Questions » Language » "You can't have your cake and eat it too". Of course you can. Make two cakes. Have you ever done so? What occasion?

"You can't have your cake and eat it too". Of course you can. Make two cakes. Have you ever done so? What occasion?

Posted - September 20, 2017

Responses

Yeah, but only because I screwed up and ruined the first one. I felt so bad for that poor cake.
      September 20, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

Oh Patch that happens! I've had to sh**can a cake and start over again too. It isn't our finest moment when that happens but we do have recourse to try again and succeed!  I baked a loaf of cherry chocolate bread in a bread machine once. Turned out to be terrible bread but I didn't want to dump it so I cut it into small slices, dried it out in the oven on low heat on baking sheets and it turned out to be very delicious BISCOTTI! So in that case all was not lost! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!:)
      September 20, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

Sadly, that poor cake of mine wasn't salvageable. I misread the ingredients and put way too much baking soda or powder in and it made it deflate and it tasted horribly bitter. I can be such a dingleberry sometimes.
      September 20, 2017 9:25 AM MDT

That makes two of us sweetie. But at least we keep going up to bat and don't always strike out! Sometimes my mind isn't totally engaged in what I'm doing at that time. I can get by doing some things.  But when you're in the kitchen and ESPECIALLY when you're baking you have to be totally present and focused. Sometimes that's easier said than done. Thank you for your reply Patch! :)
      September 21, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

I dont bake.
      September 20, 2017 6:56 AM MDT

Actually, you can have it and eat it. When you eat it, it is in another form and will stay with you for a day or two. Navy cooks were magicians...They could change perfectly good food into crap without passing it through a human body.
      September 20, 2017 7:12 AM MDT

Touche sweetie! Out of sight may be out of mind but it isn't out of body! Very true. Geez that's funnee hunnee. Firemen are known for being pretty good cooks. I thought you were gonna tell me Navy cooks were pretty good too. You pulled a fast one on me. I didn't expect it. I giggled. I'm still giggling. You know I'm a foodie so that kinda hurts my heart! Thank you for your lively answer Ele and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 20, 2017 7:46 AM MDT
      September 20, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

It's an old Navy joke. (not the store)
      September 20, 2017 7:47 AM MDT

Well m'dear it's NEW TO ME! It is funnee as he**! Now if I hear it a few more times I kinda think the funnyness will fade! Thanks for telling me that. You didn't want to take credit for something that wasn't your creation! I like that about you m'dear! I do! :)
      September 20, 2017 7:50 AM MDT

One of the dumbest sayings ever, if you think about it.

Everyone who has a piece of cake can have it and eat it.

Sometimes I make a dozen cakes.

September 20, 2017 9:33 AM MDT