Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you let your emotions control your prejudices?

Do you let your emotions control your prejudices?

Posted - September 20, 2017

Responses

Only once a year.
      September 20, 2017 10:51 PM MDT

How so?
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 20, 2017 10:59 PM MDT
      September 20, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

When it's time for a raise and my balding, fat, arrogant, inconsiderate, moronic employer goes on a vacation with Barbara. Now don't ask me who's Barbara. All I can say is she has a very shiny forehead.
      September 20, 2017 11:02 PM MDT

Do you want me to draft you a letter?

I'm very good at this.  But of course, you may have to look for another job.

September 20, 2017 11:04 PM MDT

I have job offers from a few. Just hanging in to complete my current project. Don't want to leave before that. This post was edited by engineerIsTerminator at September 20, 2017 11:10 PM MDT
      September 20, 2017 11:09 PM MDT

Makes total sense.  Thank God there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Pretty soon this will be just an unpleasant dream.

I know what it is like to have to wait and be miserable.  When it is over?  It's over.  That's the only good part.
      September 20, 2017 11:11 PM MDT

Actually, I'm partially self-employed, so now I visit different corporates and get the job done, then working for them on regular hours. It's less stressful, more money and I enjoy my life better. Their network was pretty messed up when I joined them. The guy who used to work left 2 years ago. They have already invested a few million on the project and they want it to be accomplished. I'm not obligated to complete it, but I have given them a target till next year. I'm going really slow and investing my time to research and build stuff for other projects. I only work 4 hours for them and rest of the time I invest in my own lab building prototypes for demos and conferences and working on future enhancements. The current employer knows it, but he can't-do much as he will get things according to what he gives. That's what I told him. Invest 2 times and I'll get it done in half the time. If he doesn't like it, he can hire someone else, but that's a very rare possibility as no one would like to work on their messed up system. I'm doing it because I promised someone in the corporate that I'll make it better. So, I'm doing it on my terms. This post was edited by engineerIsTerminator at September 21, 2017 6:06 AM MDT
      September 20, 2017 11:28 PM MDT

Thanks for catching me up.  I see you are heading towards more and more self-employment and more and more power over your life and decisions regarding your career.  Excellent.  I'm glad you know your worth.  I am not surprised you are intelligent enough to research what is out there and what that knowledge can do for you so you CAN assist people who appreciate you and pay you what you are worth. 

For my part, I graduated from Arizona School of Massage Therapy and went on to get a Masters Bodyworker certificate.

That last certificate was harder than anything I have ever tried to do in 10 weeks.  But that part is over and I am working in a spa and learning as I go.  It is daunting in a way being 67, but no one seems to notice and there are people older than I am doing this.  If you are good, you are good. 

So, I am doing what I love.   For the first time in years. 

So good to see you.  May we always be able to meet up and catch up.

Love you,

Sharon
      September 21, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

Thanks Sharona for the kind words. I'm more inclined towards inventing things to make common man's life better than sitting on a pile of cash. That's why I have declined the full-time corporate offers. Whatever stuff I make, I make sure the manufacturing of those is done at very affordable cost so that common man could buy them. Right from home security, to automation, I just want to make myself useful.

I'm glad you have earned your certificate. Really Proud of you. I'm sure you are pretty great at what you are doing, as you are very passionate about it. Your job helps people heal and get better. That's quite admirable.

I hope so too. Glad to see you too. You have been one of my favs since AB days. 

Hugs,
    ET This post was edited by engineerIsTerminator at September 21, 2017 6:11 AM MDT
      September 21, 2017 6:05 AM MDT