Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
CosmicWunderkind
Pet Eater
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » An Answermug friend asked "do humans have the right to do such things"? What she referred to covers everything. What RIGHTS do humans have?

An Answermug friend asked "do humans have the right to do such things"? What she referred to covers everything. What RIGHTS do humans have?

She gave me permission to use her name. NICE JUGS inspired this question by what she said on a prior thread. Do they have the right to strip fish from the oceans? Do they have the right to hunt whales when they do so for monetary gain?  This was what she was specifically referring to but it is relevant to other things too. If there is money involved humans will justify doing anything no matter how cruel or evil or obscene. What rights belong to humans and what rights belong to other living things? Why?

Posted - September 23, 2017

Responses

Do rights even exist outside of human society? Who decides who gets what rights? I think that's something we need to take up with the governments of the world.
      September 23, 2017 7:07 AM MDT

Theoretically humans are the most intelligent species though I often think that isn't so. As the most intelligent I think it is OUR obligation to extend rights to other living things. How we would get together with other countries of the world and decide specific rules  on which we could all agree I don't know. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 23, 2017 7:29 AM MDT

Every living thing has a right to life and not to be hunted to extinction .....there use to be I've read in acess of twenty million living creations of nature......so they say sixteen million only exist now with man wiping out four million .
    Who know how essential those 4 million are to the worlds survival....

Maybe nature needs to teach the human race a lesson to keep it in line and stop it destroying itself and more of natures life forms....
      September 23, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

I'm going to edit the question and mention your name NJ. Thanks my friend. Also thank you for this reply!
      September 23, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

Well Mexico has suffered two enormous earthquakes(one over 8 on the Richter scale and the other one a 7.1   within a week and we have had 3 catastrophically devastating CAT 4 hurricanes wipe out islands and cities starting with Harvey then Irma Then Jose then Katia a little bit and now Maria? I think folks ought to be paying attention to nature is telling us. As for the other living creatures  who inhabit the world with us I hope they don't all turn on us and take revenge. I'm gonna ask a question about that. I saw a scifi TV show years ago where the main guy has mistreated all of his electronics for years and one day they turned on him and destroyed him. I've never forgotten that. It was pretty scary. Oh gosh NJ they justed another earthquake in Mexico. 6.2. Oh my gosh. :(
      September 23, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

Mexico must be on the worlds natural fault lines .......maybe two cross over there ,so it's inevitable  that earthquakes are going to happen in that area......
    Hurricans  form in certain parts of the Atlantic.......again everyone knows this and the way they travel once formed.....why then are building not built to cope with them ,know what is on the cards for people at some point in their lives knowing from past events what's happened in the past.....

People that choose to stay are just playing Russian Roulette when you think about it.....

Nature doesn't harm people on purpose......it's indiscriminate with the things it needs to do to keep the world stable....
    It's mans choice to choose to live where they live...  
      September 23, 2017 8:44 AM MDT