Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Are humans supposedly the most intelligent of living creatures? If so why do so many act so stupidly/selfishly/cruelly ?

Are humans supposedly the most intelligent of living creatures? If so why do so many act so stupidly/selfishly/cruelly ?

Maybe it all hype...fraud..fake news. One thing for sure. We aren't as smart as we thing we are or we wouldn't be still killing one another.  We would have grown up out of that savage beast who used to be and become civilized.

Posted - September 23, 2017

Responses

Well, intelligence doesn't always mean peaceful. Some highly intelligent people are monsters. In fact, it's the smart monstrous people that are the biggest danger to us all. I think intelligence just allows a larger capacity for evil and cruelty. We just have to learn to use it for the better, but there will always be bad apples out there. It's like that one quote in that Spider-Man movie. I can't think of it right now but you probably know what I'm talking about. This post was edited by Patchouli at September 23, 2017 8:03 AM MDT
      September 23, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

Nothing supposed about it. humans are by far the most intelligent creatures that have ever inhabited the earth. There are people who possess truly astounding intelligence (though it seems precious few frequent this site). That doesn't mean said intelligence has always been, or will always be used for the common good, or even exercised at all. Evil requires intelligence too.

When I see a dolphin or a chimp or any other creature make steel, harness electricity or create a written language of its own, then I'll consider them competition for the title. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 23, 2017 8:44 AM MDT
      September 23, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Bird brains cannot be the answer. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 23, 2017 8:57 AM MDT
      September 23, 2017 8:45 AM MDT