Discussion » Questions » Language » If the words you choose to use indicate the level of your intelligence what does ROCKETMAN evoke in you or DOTARD? Why?

If the words you choose to use indicate the level of your intelligence what does ROCKETMAN evoke in you or DOTARD? Why?

Posted - September 23, 2017

Responses

Im not sure that you can measure intelligence by the words one chooses to use. When i hear the word Rocketman, it reminds me of a song with that title. When i hear the word Dotard, im lost. Why? Because i dont know what Dotard means.
      September 23, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

"Dotard" is a combination of Donald and retard.  I do believe that one can detect a level of intellect by the words they choose.  Trump has a limited vocabulary.  The most recent example I can think of is his comment about the devastation in Puerto Rico.  Paraphrasing, he said, "Puerto Rico is in very, very, very bad shape."  Someone else might have said, "Puerto Rico has suffered extreme devastation."  He likes little words and uses them repetitively.  Then again, when he speaks, he speaks to his base, which probably doesn't understand words with more than two syllables.
      September 23, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

Say what you will about the Pillsbury Doughboy, he gave Cheeto Benito a real taste of his own medicine with the name "Dotard." But don't forget, Dotard does know more about ISIS than the generals.  
      September 23, 2017 12:01 PM MDT

He thinks he knows more about everything than everyone.  Pfft!
      September 23, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

When Dotard dies, researchers are gonna open up his head and...... pfft, was gonna say something about his brain but the head will probably be completely empty.
      September 23, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

I would not be at all surprised if they find sawdust there.
      September 23, 2017 12:33 PM MDT

I've asked a couple of questions regarding Trump/Dotard and given the definition which I am happy to do for you again.
    "A person, esp. an old person exhibiting a decline in mental faculties; a weak-minded or foolish old person"
      September 24, 2017 1:46 AM MDT