Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » McCain said he has been told his brain cancer will have a very poor outcome. That is a sad way to end a life of service isn't it?

McCain said he has been told his brain cancer will have a very poor outcome. That is a sad way to end a life of service isn't it?

Posted - September 25, 2017

Responses

Who is anyone to judge someone else's life?

Obviously he had some heavy Karma he had to process.  He had a FULL life.  He had an interesting life.  And many people die just like this with no life and nothing to remember.  So, he should be filled with wonder and amazement that he will be able to enter his next stage of life and say he did much to be proud of.

What he did in that prison makes me think that he has nothing to be ashamed of ever.

That was a true hero.  If he could survive that, this is a small thing.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 25, 2017 10:14 AM MDT
      September 25, 2017 8:46 AM MDT

It is a sad way to end life no matter any other circumstances.  At least he had a long-ish life to live.  There are children with brain tumors that barely have had a chance at all.
      September 25, 2017 9:55 AM MDT

Yes. That is certainly true Spunky. But those children were not captured and tortured for years in service to their county. If you didn't watch "60 Minutes" Sunday I recommend that you do. They featured John McCain in a segment that is well worth watching. Though I disagree with his politics I respect his service to our country. He has served it well and suffered for it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 26, 2017 2:55 AM MDT

I do seriously wonder if you would feel that way if McCain had stood by his campaign promises during this last election instead of spitting in the faces of those who voted him into office, yet again.
      September 25, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

While I don't agree with many of the political positions he takes, I think he has lived a long and honorable life of serving others. He has been guided by his conscience, which is a rarity in the political arena.

I hope and pray that the end of his life is as painless and peaceful as possible, and that he enjoys the time he has left with his loved ones. At least they'll have to opportunity to say their goodbyes, something that so many don't get.
      September 25, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

Did you happen to watch "60 Minutes" on Sunday SA? They did a segment on John McCain that I highly recommend to you. It was very touching. I don't agree with his politics but I believe he is a good man and has served his country above and beyond the call of duty and suffered for it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 26, 2017 2:53 AM MDT

Eighty one years is longer than many people get, and I think McCain appreciates that fact. As stated by others, McCain has had a very full and honorable life, I doubt his regrets are many. We should all get some measure as lucky to have served our fellow man as he has. 
      September 25, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

Do you watch "60 Minutes"? The Sunday episode featured a segment on him that I found to be very touching. He IS grateful and humble and appreciative. I disagree with his politics but he is a good man and has served his country  well and long and suffered for it. He will leave us in style. I think he is a very classy guy. If you can see the segment to which I refer I recommend it. Thank you for your reply  Don B and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      September 26, 2017 2:51 AM MDT

I saw 60 minutes, it was interesting that this Q appeared when it did. 
      September 26, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

No it isn't. I asked it because of watching "60 Minutes" Don. I get fodder for my questions everywhere. Often on these threads from other people. From TV. From the newspapers/magazines I read. From my imagination and most of all from my observation of what other people say and do. If it doesn't make any sense to me I ask about it. If it does there is no need to question it. What drives me most of all is the contradictory and hypocritical things pols say and they get away with it. I notice it and I speak up. Often the contradictions/lies/denials are so blatantly obvious and they are caught red-handed so to speak on these contradictory tapes which are run side-by-side. Does anyone else give a rat's a**  about it? I say how can they not? But others say "give it a rest. Give him a chance. It's fake news." Yadayadayadayada etcetera and so forth. I will rest when The Donald John speaks ONLY truth, is consistent, does not attack/insult. Now we both know he is Constitutionally (yes...I purposefully used that word) incapable of achieving that. So I'm pointing out his infractions until he is booted out and on the sidelines. He is the driver not me. I just keep a spotlight on him. SIGH. Yes. It is tiring. Currently he is berating/attacking/insulting John McCain. Because that is what is most important to him. Not the suffering going on due to hurricanes or earthquakes. He is also attacking the NFL and insulting Kim Jong-Un because he enjoys it and after all what else is there for him to do? That is how he gets his kicks. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 26, 2017 3:43 PM MDT
      September 26, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

In the end we are all just dust in the wind. "For there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust." (Eclesiastes 3:19, 20)
      April 10, 2018 11:49 PM MDT