Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » And if you think the Trump sheep, his kids, are so WONDERFUL, they do not hold a candle to Chelsea.

And if you think the Trump sheep, his kids, are so WONDERFUL, they do not hold a candle to Chelsea.

Chelsea Clinton is amazing. 

Chelsea Victoria Clinton (born February 27, 1980) is the only child of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and former U.S. Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. She was a special correspondent for NBC News from 2011 to 2014 and now works with the Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global Initiative. Since 2011, she has taken on a prominent role at the foundation, and has a seat on its board.[1] Clinton was born in Little Rock, Arkansas during her father's first term as governor. She attended public schools there until he was elected President and the family moved to Washington, D.C., where she began attending the private Sidwell Friends School. She received an undergraduate degree at Stanford University and later earned master's degrees from Oxford University and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health and a Doctor of Philosophy in international relations from the University of Oxford in 2014. Clinton married investment banker Marc Mezvinsky in 2010. They have a daughter and a son. Clinton has worked for NBC, McKinsey & Company, Avenue Capital Group, and New York University and serves on several boards, including those of the School of American Ballet, Clinton Foundation, Clinton Global Initiative, Common Sense Media, Weill Cornell Medical College and IAC/InterActiveCorp.

Posted - July 25, 2016

Responses

Most importantly, she hasn't once gone to Africa and murdered endangered animals, then posed for pictures with their corpses! 

I don't know much about her, but given the bullying she endured as a young child because of her appearance (she really wasn't the most attractive child when her father was in office), and having put up with her father's shenanigans, it seems like she's done quite well. I'm sure that growing up before social media existed was extremely helpful. 

July 25, 2016 5:39 PM MDT

While I respect CC's academic career and guess she is probably a woman of some talent, there is also nothing on her resume which screams "Making it on my own without my family name."

Unfortunately, just as people from disadvantaged backgrounds are often thought to be beneficiaries of affirmative action programs (whether true or not) and attractive women are often thought to have "slept their way up" (whether true or not), Chealsea Clinton will probably have to bear the suspicion that her career is largely driven by being Bill & HIllary's Daughter (whether true or not).

I hope she succeeds and makes positive contributions in whatever she chooses to do.

July 25, 2016 6:27 PM MDT

That's awesome to see someone take advantage of opportunities given to them, that's cool she didn't squander them away, ok, what's your question?  I get it, you're promoting, lol. Shame Chelsea isn't running for prez. According to you she's God's gift to earth and no one is as good as her, lol.

July 25, 2016 7:54 PM MDT

Lots of academic accomplishment, but not much else.

I'm glad you're impressed with her, but without her folks and the Democrat machine no one would know or care about her degrees.

July 25, 2016 8:06 PM MDT

OS,

July 26, 2016 11:26 AM MDT

July 26, 2016 11:27 AM MDT

@Mister Ogynist, Not much besides her education?
    1. Three degrees in difficult subjects is no easy accomplishment to begin with.
    2. She worked as a special correspondent for NBC News from 2011-2014.
    3. She worked and had a prominent role in the Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global Initiative.
    4. To date, the CGI community have made more than 3,500 commitments which have improved lives of over 430 million people in 180 countries.
    5. Besides being on the board for these two agencies, Chelsea is a board member of 4 other businesses.
    6. She is a wife, a daughter, who has helped her mother on the campaign trail, and a mother of 2 children.
    7. I would say that she has her plate full. Don't you?
      July 26, 2016 2:58 PM MDT

@MisterO -- I think you overstate the case. If Chelsea Clinton did not serve in the roles she has done, SOMEONE would have, and those someones would likely have academic qualifications similar to Clinton.

There is a big difference between saying we don't know if she was hired on merit at her various jobs and saying she clearly was hired ONLY because of her fame/connections.

July 26, 2016 3:11 PM MDT

OS, I don't know why that is supposed to be some badge of honor.  So what?  So she used her parent's connections.  She could have been a bum and rode on their coattails.   She seems to have a lot of integrity.

She does not pretend her father is GOD for starters.  She has openly criticized his behavior in the past and refused to talk to him at first after insulting her mother and her by carrying on with Monica.

Se is quite an admirable young lady.  I cannot speak for her life outside of being a Clinton.   I just don't think she is blinded by his stature like the Trumps are.

I never saw Ivanka and her brothers dare speak against anything The Donald says.  They think he is GOD.

July 26, 2016 3:18 PM MDT

I am impressed with her because she does not pretend her father is a saint. 

And she is no dummy with or without Bill and Hillary, unless you attribute her brains to her gene pool.  If that is the case how did Trump's kids get smart?  Maybe the wife had a few brains, after all, she managed to get everything from the Donald.

Determined to foster independence and intellectual curiosity, the Clintons often pushed Chelsea hard to succeed. The precocious girl began studying ballet at the age of 4, skipped the third grade, and learned how to invest in the stock market when she was barely 11.   Look at that, they made her a baby capitalist.  Trump would love that.

July 26, 2016 3:22 PM MDT

Well, she is quite a nice young lady kind of in the same vein as Caroline Kennedy.

July 26, 2016 3:25 PM MDT

No.  You miss the point Surf.  She is not acting like daddy is GOD like the Trumps. That is all.  She knows he is a flawed being.  She is not up there hiding their mistakes.   There is honor in backing the Clintons.  There is none in hiding Daddy's sins like the Trumpettes.

Nothing to promote except human decency rearing its head finally.

July 26, 2016 3:47 PM MDT