Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Can anyone explain, in terms that do not sound crazy, why acupuncture works and what it can cure?

Can anyone explain, in terms that do not sound crazy, why acupuncture works and what it can cure?

Posted - September 26, 2017

Responses

• probably not. 
      September 26, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

That's okay, thanks for the outstanding effort.
      September 26, 2017 6:29 PM MDT

• I deserve a participation trophy for this answer ;)  
      September 26, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

Of course you do.

September 26, 2017 6:51 PM MDT

• YAY! I will hang it on my wall and keep it forever and ever cos I am special now... #ToSnowflakeToNoticeA_CatsASS
      September 26, 2017 6:58 PM MDT

There are energy points on the body.   They are called meridians.  All I can see from my understanding is these are areas that are stimulated by nerves.

So, if you place a needle in that area, it causes the energy to break up in that particular point, rather than collect there and cause pain or disease.

It works.  I have seen miracles.  I have read of a woman who is very credible and known by a lot of people that I also know, that was in China and broke her ankle and was miles from nowhere for days before she could get any help. Her ankle was black.   This accupuncturist worked on her and had her walking on the leg and pain free after just a few sessions. 

My cousin had fibromyalgia and a very bad case of it.  For years.  She went to doctor after doctor and finally just gave up.  Someone turned her on to a very good accupuncturist and she has not had an episode in years.

So, it does work if you find a reputable person who knows their stuff. 

September 26, 2017 11:48 PM MDT

My mom lives kind of out by Leisure World and she wants me to take her to an acupuncturist in North Scottsdale because she saw him on the news and he "cures" stroke victims, for the low, low price of $135 per session. And, I was like, "Mom, I can't take half a day off once or twice a week to drive you all the way out there, let alone the rates they're charging." And, now I'm pretty much the root of all evil because she says I don't want her to get better, so I suggested she do more physical therapy, but apparently physical therapy is a joke. :/

She has no use of her left side. Her neurologist says there's no physiological reason for her not to walk- she just needs to stick to physical therapy, but she won't. She thinks one day she'll be spontaneously healed without any effort. Her last gimmick was a hand brace that would magically make her hand work. And now, this.... Eh... Fudge. I will probably take her a few times and then she can hate the doctor instead of me. For like, a minute. Or, maybe she'll be "cured." 
      September 27, 2017 12:04 AM MDT