Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Business » When are insurance companies going to jump on the bandwagon and insure medical marijuana use?

When are insurance companies going to jump on the bandwagon and insure medical marijuana use?

It is a lot cheaper than prescription pills cost-wise.

Posted - September 30, 2017

Responses

That would not be profitable. The more expensive the remedy, the bigger the premiums.
      September 30, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

My darling Dane.

What did I say in my question?  I said that it is far cheaper and I said that for a reason.

It costs about roughly maybe 300 dollars a month for medicine if you ingest marijuana.   It costs several thousands for scans, therapists, thousands of pills and operations because of the effects of those thousands of pills.

And guess what?  Marijuana is known to be an effective CURE rather than just a band-aid.

It is shrinking tumors.  My girlfriend is a speaker about this subject and gives speeches to all kinds of doctors and hospitals and yes, insurance companies and she has to have mega facts to back up her points.

Marijuana is shrinking tumors.   There is an exact science.   It is not just smoke a joint and get cancer-free.

No.  There are medicines that are very easy to get now that help with all things that we just depended on Western Medicine to semi-cure.

Marijuana is far cheaper and has almost no side-effects.  Actually, it helps side-effects such as nausea and insomnia.

It is a good herb. 
      September 30, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

If that is true, then that is another reason insuring pills are more profitable. A policy that runs for years pay more then one that only runs for 3 months ;-))
      September 30, 2017 12:19 PM MDT

Very good point.  But they also have to cover the expenses the patient incurs.  They have to pay thousands versus hundreds as far as I can see.
      September 30, 2017 12:21 PM MDT

I didnt realize they didnt cover it already. That sucks the big one. I hope they DO cover it soon, its been doing wonderful things for people. Far better than pills that can have side effects and get you addicted, weed is not addicting, and has known to help with siezure disorders as well as cancer and the nausea that can accompany the treatment of it.

September 30, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

Their contracts with big pharma far outweigh.  You know big pharma has a synthetic it's happy to have on your formulary.   It is still illegal according to Federal law.  I don't think you'll see coverage until that changes.  I could be wrong.......
      September 30, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

not sure but i know people in my apt building that are using it
      September 30, 2017 3:56 PM MDT